Recent content by dsnyder0cnn

1. dsnyder0cnn

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

What 300Ω headphones are you driving that require more output than the L50 can deliver? If I turn things up on high gain with my HD650's, the L50 can blow my head clean off.
  2. dsnyder0cnn

Why would the gain be the same for single-ended and balanced inputs if they accept different signals with different max voltage? I don't know how this amp was designed, but I would expect the RCA inputs to be more sensitive so that max volume could be achieved with either. Perhaps that's not how...
  3. dsnyder0cnn

It sounds like you're saying that the gain is the same regardless if single-ended (RCA) or balanced (XLR/TRS) inputs are used. Not what I expected.
  4. dsnyder0cnn

I would have thought that max power would still be possible with 2V via the RCA inputs on the L50. No?
  5. dsnyder0cnn

Topping E50 / L50 Impressions

Yes. My challenge when using the E50 + L50 stack with active monitors is that I prefer to use the L50's volume knob when listening to headphones, which means setting attenuation at or close to 0 dB on the E50. Unfortunately, unlike my Topping Pre90 and DX3 Pro+, the E50 does not "remember"...
  6. dsnyder0cnn

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

With that gear, the DX5 or E50 + L50 stack starts to make more sense. Powered monitors seem to benefit from 4V drive.
  7. dsnyder0cnn

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

Time for me to order a six-pack of these and re-wire my system! Hope they sound as good as the one measured here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/334205344819?hash=item4dd030dc33:g:IOMAAOSwYPdhgqSQ
  8. dsnyder0cnn

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

I suspect that folks with no PA5 issues are underrepresented in this survey. To what extent is impossible to say.
  9. dsnyder0cnn

I've (thankfully) not had any problems with mine so far, but if I did, I'd be ringing up the place from which I purchased it (Apos, in my case). I would not expect company reps to be watching this forum and proactive opening support cases based on feedback or experiences documented here.
  10. dsnyder0cnn

Could it really be that simple? I hope so…
  11. dsnyder0cnn

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I wonder if this could be the answer to what went wrong with the PA5 for some folks. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/poll-for-topping-pa5-owners-only-please.33293/post-1163275 If so, leaving the power brick plugged in continuously seems like an easy fix.
  12. dsnyder0cnn

Ah. Precisely what I've been doing for both the PA5 and (after seeing it in "blinking white power LED mode" once) the L50. I suppose this should be obvious, but it would be nice if Topping added this to their diminutive instruction manuals…ideally on the first page.
  13. dsnyder0cnn

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. Where did you purchase yours from. I bought mine from Apos in Santa Clara, California. I've not had to use their two year warranty service yet, but I do not anticipate any issues. Their post-sales support, where I have had to use it, has been great so far.
  14. dsnyder0cnn

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

The XLR/TRS connectors look pretty normal to me. Often found on pro audio gear. It's easy to find 1/4 in TS to RCA adapters if RCA is needed. Would have only cost Topping a few cents to include a pair in the box. :)
Top Bottom