Recent content by drmevo

1. D

Turntable Resuscitation - Part 3

I’d be careful with the AT carts you listed if the input capacitance is unknown on your Denon’s phono stage. It’s likely higher than the spec AT calls for, which I believe is 100-200 pF total (including tonearm wiring and RCA cables). If you exceed that by much, the sound can be too bright. The...
  2. D

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I don't think I will unless some new information comes out showing an added benefit to the 10A. The Aiyima I have in my system temporarily uses a 36V 6A PSU which is plenty of power for my medium-sized room, and that is a stereo amp. Plus, if the 10A were to die, which is not unheard of with...
  3. D

I just bought the A07 Max because I needed a power amp until the V3 monos ship. I’m super-impressed - it sounds fantastic and has plenty of power for me. If the V3M is the same with the added benefit of PFFB (even if it’s mostly imperceptible, nice to know it’s there) I’ll be really happy. I...
  4. D

It's not silly. For me, part of it is that I might lose interest and forget before this is all sorted out. These things won't be shipping for over a month, after all. So far, I don't see any advantages to the 10A power supply other than only needing one outlet, and having the ability to add a...
  5. D

Welp, I changed my pledge to two 5A power supplies. Not just because of this - I was on the fence already. There’s too much uncertainty with the single 10A power supply for me. The cords will be hidden anyways in my set up so it’s just a matter of taking up an extra outlet.
  6. D

This was my thinking as well in choosing the 10A and possibly buying another down the line. Now I’m wondering if just having them as separate 5A to start with would be more beneficial.
  7. D

Power amp to use until V3 monoblocks arrive?

Thanks! That's actually the same AVR I have (well, the Costco equivalent TSR-700). The functionality is great for the price, but it struggles a bit to drive the Kefs for music. I use it with the HT bypass input on my Parasound, which will then output to the the V3 monoblocks once they arrive...
  8. D

Agreed. If we're paying essentially double for a 10A vs. 5A then the power of the 10A should match 2x5A. That may be the case here, hopefully @Fosi Audio chimes in soon to confirm. Also, regarding my previous comment wondering why testing here didn't indicate the same discrepancy, I just...
  9. D

Power amp to use until V3 monoblocks arrive?

Recently, I posted here about the Pascal amp module blowing in my Parasound NewClassic 200 Integrated. I was considering replacing the module myself, but it turns out I can’t find a replacement from a reliable source. I do have an order in for the Fosi V3 monoblocks, and I thought I’d get by...
  10. D

Could this be an RCA vs. balanced connection issue? I'm clueless on this stuff but that seems to be the difference in the way Amir tested vs. the Williston Audio video. I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill, it could be there is a simple explanation and everything is fine. I'm...
  11. D

I might've misinterpreted the review but he seemed to imply that it wasn't hitting its power rating for 8 or 4 Ohm either. That would be my real concern.
  12. D

This is disappointing if true, but I'm going to wait for Fosi's response before trying to change my KS reward. I don't plan on placing the monoblocks right next to my speakers so I was fine with a splitter if the single PSU had identical performance, but if it doesn't, I'll definitely want the...
  13. D

New phono cart needed

I did a handful of comparisons with records that have hot inner tracks. I compared my VM540ML with my Sumiko Moonstone, the latter of which is supposedly a “great tracker” even though it’s elliptical. It also costs about the same or even more than the 540. Testing both on my 1210GR, the VM540ML...
  14. D

I was wondering this too but it seemed so obvious I figured I was missing something.
  15. D

What Did U Get @ Record Store Day ?

I got Christian McBride/Edgar Meyer and Monte Alexander. I might’ve picked up the Bill Evans but I’m not that disappointed they were gone by the time I got there since it was mono. Most of the artists I would’ve been interested in were $50-$100 multi-LP sets, and I just didn’t feel like dropping...
Top Bottom