Recent content by Draghmar

1. Draghmar

Soft for hearing test for EQ adaptation for headphones

Yeah, I know about this soft and that it's also on Windows but there are two issues with it: 1. It requires testing through mobile app, which is annoying. 2. It works as a virtual soundcard and I'd rather like to get EQ result instead. I had SoundID long time ago, when they were offering free...
  2. Draghmar

Yeah, that's the one. I used it as a example because that's the only one that I know of, that does that this way. I remember there are some headphones with tuning like that but I don't remember their name. Anyway, I've seen this Griesinger method when I was trying to find anything related to my...
  3. Draghmar

I remember Samsung had soft on their phones that could do a simple hearing test in order to do some EQ to be better suited for individuals ears. There's also app SoundID that has similar feature. I wonder - is there a Windows app that can do the same? I'd like to tune my ears with my headphones...
  4. Draghmar

Schiit Magni Heresy vs Topping A50s

Yeah, I've seen reports where L30 was said to be quite hot after not so long period of listening. Not sure how Heresy but A50s is much better in this regard.
  5. Draghmar

Thanks for that insight! I mean, You've basically nail'd it. I'm not looking for hobby "toys" but more for some fancy one-shot toy that I could enjoy having on my desk. ;) That's why it's even harder for me to make final decision - I'll have to live with it. And that's also the reason I'm...
  6. Draghmar

Not sure. Looks better and build quality seems also better (+ has actually a bit more power). I was also wondering about getting balanced adapter in the future when having amp like A50s (just for the sake of having it - I like having things ;)). Also there's this thing about some electric issue...
  7. Draghmar

Yeah, I was already leaning towards A50s because of that but now things got a little bit more complicated as I found out that the shop I thought had it at the good price (about $199/€174 with free shipping) actually does not. So the new price is $26/€21 higher, which makes Magni Heresy much...
  8. Draghmar

Thanks! I've seen reports about channel imbalance before. Also about the fact that it can vary from unit to unit. That's why shipping back is a big factor here. I've updated my pros and cons with your observations. (also fixed one point being at wrong place)
  9. Draghmar

Sorry for yet another thread with my buying issues. :p But I just found out that Topping A50s is only a bit more expensive then getting Magni Heresy. I really tried to find some direct comparison but I failed. From the reviews it looks like Topping has some small edge here but I do wonder if...
  10. Draghmar

Sanity Check - Budget Planar aka Dekoni Blue by Fostex

Thanks for your input! It's really great to get some level of comfort :D BTW Does the difference between T50rp and Dekoni Blue are the pads only (beside colors)? I though there was some tuning involved.
  11. Draghmar

Sanity Check - Budget Planar aka Dekoni Blue by Fostex

Hi Sorry but I need to take quick sanity check to ensure myself that I'll spend my hard earned money properly. :P I want to buy myself Dekoni Blue by Fostex. There are two main reasons: my current headphones (Superlux HD-330) are slowly dying and I always wanted to have planar headphones. I...
  12. Draghmar

Do I even need DAC (Xonar DX vs Entry Level DAC)

Thanks all for your input. It's really great lecture to read! For the moment I think I'll stay with my Xonar even though I'd really like to get my PCIe back. ;) But getting Amp like Schiit Heresy will give me open door for upgrade later on. I checked that Topping DX3 Pro+ and it looks...
  13. Draghmar

Thanks, I was "afraid" that would be the case. Xonar DX doesn't have headphone amp so this one is needed. Especially for Dekoni Blue. As for DAC I didn't think I'd get too much from the "upgrade" like that. For me it was mostly getting back PCIe and having toys on the desk (that's why...
  14. Draghmar

Yeah, so I need to ask this question to make sure I won't waste my money. :P I'm in the middle of deciding on the gear I want to buy. I'm leaning towards combo of Schiit Modi 3+ and Magni Heresy to drive Dekoni Blue by Fosex. But just before going with the order I started to thinking (and...
  15. Draghmar

Looking for Schiit Modi 3+ and Magni Heresy equivalent that can be bought in EU

OK, I decided to go with Schiit...mostly because I know I won't here any difference between all those devices and I like ascetics more. And the price for Topping in Poland will be actually the same as for Schiit from US. Thanks for all your suggestions. Now there's left only one thing I need to...
Top Bottom