• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soft for hearing test for EQ adaptation for headphones

Draghmar

I remember Samsung had soft on their phones that could do a simple hearing test in order to do some EQ to be better suited for individuals ears. There's also app SoundID that has similar feature. I wonder - is there a Windows app that can do the same? I'd like to tune my ears with my headphones to get best performance...or at least check what the difference it will make. I imagine that this app would simply work as EQ or output some EQ data to use in other soft (like Equalizer APO for example).

solderdude

Grand Contributor
you mean this app ?

It works on your lower hearing limit which is not the same as your hearing at normal and loud listening levels so a poor way to base EQ on.
Then there is seal, your personal hearing and the headphone. That's more than one variable.
If you want to do this I would suggest to use the Griesinger method instead.

OP
Draghmar

Draghmar

Yeah, that's the one. I used it as a example because that's the only one that I know of, that does that this way. I remember there are some headphones with tuning like that but I don't remember their name.

Anyway, I've seen this Griesinger method when I was trying to find anything related to my topic. I even downloaded the app for later to check it out. But I thought that there may be some other apps. Especially since this one needs speakers as well, as far I understand, which, if it's true, makes it useless for me - I don't have speakers.

OP
Draghmar

Draghmar

SoudID darbojas arī windows.
Yeah, I know about this soft and that it's also on Windows but there are two issues with it:
1. It requires testing through mobile app, which is annoying.
2. It works as a virtual soundcard and I'd rather like to get EQ result instead.
I had SoundID long time ago, when they were offering free beta testing.

vilnis

Yeah, I know about this soft and that it's also on Windows but there are two issues with it:
2. It works as a virtual soundcard and I'd rather like to get EQ result instead.
Jā, ir šādi trūkumi.

vilnis

The SoundID office is near my home, sometimes I want to go there and talk

Top Bottom