Recent content by dmidu

1. D

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

Can you subjectively describe which one of those you like most in terms of sound?
  2. D

Anybody wants to buy my Gustard x26pro in EU?
  3. D

I must admit, that this DAC might measure not so well, but it sounds great. I currently own Gustard x26pro and Musetech-005. Gustard, that measures great, doesn't sound anywhere good as the 005. The only way I could make Gustard sound somehow close to Musetech 005 is by applying soxr-very high...
  4. D

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Have you tried any other player except JRiver? I've tried JRiver, but I didn't like it compared to Foobar2000 or MPD exactly because of the reason that I could find more information in the open source community of those two player. Although, I must admit that even though some information is very...
  5. D

@axyoung9022 Yes, it's true. It's just that Secret Rabbit Resampler for Windows doesn't allow more than 384KHz sample rate. However, in Linux using Soxr-vhq resampler in MPD (mpd.conf) I did manage to upsample to 768KHz. If using Volumio it can be set in general menu. Have you tried measuring...
  6. D

In my experience you can increase the quality over USB input if you use oversampling to 384000Hz, 32 bit. In Foobar2000 it's done by applying a Secret Rabbit resampling plug-in and selecting Best Quality there. In DACs menu select NOS as well. Try to give it a try when the burn-in period is...
  7. D

Cheaper alternative to Aurender N20?

In case you want some linear power supply to your mac mini you can try this one and swap and swap your original mac mini power supply. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/133399586213?hash=item1f0f3c25a5:g:4lgAAOSwGdJerA9E Regarding the software, you can install and configure mpd on macos and use it from...
  8. D

Out of curiosity I've just tried to install the Resonic Player (Regular, NOT the Pro version). Everything is just fine and it easily recognised Gustard x26pro connected through USB. It beautifully plays .flac & .dsf files (DoP though) through WASAPI. ASIO available only in Pro version. See the...
  9. D

I've tried to use Linux xUbuntu 20.04 and everything worked quite OK. I tried on Deadbeef and Jriver. ALSA output through PulseAudio server. Although, all of DSD files were streamed to DAC (x26pro) in PCM. On DAC's screen it was written PCM 44,1KHz (or 48 KHz). I couldn't enable pure DSD...
  10. D

I've tried all of the "combinations" described above and couldn't reproduce the problem. I'm running x26pro with foobar2000(1.6.6), Win10 Pro, ASIO through USB. Tried all of .dsf(DSD), .flac, wav, .iso and everything is playing flawlessly and no hiss or noise of what so ever when turning off/on...
  11. D

Yes, just run the following command in terminal: system_profiler SPUSBDataType You should get something like this: Gustard USB Audio 2.0: Product ID: 0x3033 Vendor ID: 0x20b1 Version: f.1a Speed: Up to 480 Mb/s Manufacturer: Gustard...
  12. D

MacOS (BigSur) recognizes X26pro without any "driver downloads" for USB connection. Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup. Tried on two players: Deadbeef & Pine player. Both work perfectly with x26pro and play DSD files as well. Both have up-sampling possibilities, but haven't tried NOS...
Top Bottom