Recent content by dkinric

1. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

The thing that got me at first was you MUST launch Dirac Live from within the Flex console software. If you launch the Dirac software alone, it doesn't recognize the Flex.
  2. dkinric

Audio Science review of Music ... any options or standards?

https://magicvinyldigital.net/ I think this is an interesting site. Compares vinyl vs cd vs download editions of a particular album, with DR, waveform and spectrum analysis of the various releases, including remasters vs original.
  3. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

They did not
  4. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

Guess you mean like no hiss/background noise? I noticed it when I switched to a hypex based amp awhile back. Completely silent background at all volume levels is pretty cool. Vanishing levels of distortion and noise throughout the signal chain contributes to a stunning presentation. I love it.
  5. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

Spent yesterday installing and setting up the Flex. It is replacing a Topping DX7PRO dac and a Cambridge audio integrated amp for preamp. This is not a plug and play unit as you would expect. Multiple downloads, multiple programs and detailed setup steps are required. I was able to do a...
  6. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

Once I figured out how to put it in pairing mode, it paired quickly with my iphone and response was good, I noticed no unusual delays. The unit does not change to bluetooth automatically, and does not indicate codec or bit depth/sampling rate or anything like that. It does show that it is on...
  7. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

I was able to remove the 2 small screws on the back panel, but that's as far as I got. I was not able to get the cover off, I didn't see anything else to remove and didn't want to force more than I was without knowing what I was doing. If anyone knows the trick, I can give it another go.
  8. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

Setup may be tomorrow, but I will check. My boys may use bluetooth on it, I will be mainly feeding it a hardwired RPI via dig coax.
  9. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

Look at what showed up a little early today! AMA Edit 1: Not pictured, in box: Welcome note, USB cable, small screw in BT antenna, other type power adaptor plates Edit 2: Really small, only 6 inches wide
  10. dkinric

miniDSP Flex

Got a notification last night for my Flex order. Ordered 12/15, ETA 1/24 to Virginia, USA.
  11. dkinric

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" -Some Canadian rock trio
  12. dkinric

Review and Measurements of Allo DigiOne RPI S/PDIF

Playing through Tidal Connect is different than Roon. I have been using this combo for a couple of years and am able to easily play 192/24 running Roon on my iPad controlling my DigiOne that is hardwired for networking and coax out to my Topping DX7PRO DAC. Of course, none of these fake extra...
  13. dkinric

Review and Measurements of Allo DigiOne RPI S/PDIF

This is not true. I don't know about DSD, but the Roon/Allo Digione combo will play at least up to 192/24. Roon unfolds partially, the DigiOne hardware does the rest.
  14. dkinric

Do not choose speakers by reading reviews

To be fair, I'm not sure you are articulating your point effectively nor eloquently either. You say don't buy based on reviews, then mention something about market conditions, but then list some review sources that are ok? Perhaps you could take a minute to compose more coherent statements and...
  15. dkinric

Do not choose speakers by reading reviews

I chose my new speakers exclusively by reading reviews. When I read Amir's review of them, in which he confirmed by ear the excellent measurements he posted, that was enough for me. I thought I was really happy with them too, but now I learn I may have made a mistake? Should I return them now...
Top Bottom