Recent content by dguillor

1. D

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

That’s a graphic equalizer, not a parametric equalizer, and much less powerful.
  2. D

Fosi vs NCore/Purifi: When would there be an audible difference?

Amir’s measurements show pretty good IMD for the Fosi V3, not fantastic, but good enough that audibility is debatable.
  3. D

HDMI to HDMI and TOSLINK audiok

Just as a follow up. I bought it, and it solved the problem.
  4. D

Thanks. It looks great, and I ordered one.
  5. D

I have a system that consists of a Roku Express connected to a TV. The TOSLINK audio from the TV is connected to the TOSLINK input of a minidsp Flex 8 which controls an active crossover loudspeaker system. With this I can listen to the TV show on the stereo or stream from my phone via Airplay...
  6. D

Why do streaming audio players seem to be useless and overpriced bling to me?

I don’t think that a Fire stick supports Airplay, but a Roku Express does.
  7. D

Roku for Airplay Audio Streamer

I believe that Airplay is CD quality, which they say is as good as almost everyone can hear.
  8. D

Roku for Airplay Audio Streamer

I have a Roku Express connected to a TV via HDMI, and the TV is connected to a minidsp Flex 8 in my audio system via SPDIF. I can listen to the audio from a TV show or I can connect my iPhone to the Roku via Airplay and listen to Apple Music. It seems like this is a very inexpensive Airplay...
  9. D

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

I have an unusual system, a mono distributed mode loudspeaker, ie a 2x4 piece of 9 ply aircraft grade plywood with four exciters attached, driven by a Wiim mini, utilizing its PEQ, and an Audiophonics mono Hypex amp. This speaker is described as a diffuse omnidirectional source. It sounds the...
  10. D

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

Just received mine, and they sound great and are very comfortable. Thanks Amir.
  11. D

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I’m sorry to report that my Truthear Zero IEMs have failed, with greatly reduced volume in the left earpiece. I had them about ten months, but I didn’t use them very many times, probably about ten. I swapped the connections of the cable to the earpieces to determine that the fault is in the left...
  12. D

NC252MP (class D) vs. A250W4R (classAB) burst measurements into 4ohm//2.2uF load

The required compensation will be different for every model of loudspeaker, and I don’t think that it will correspond with the amp output filter.
  13. D

NC252MP (class D) vs. A250W4R (classAB) burst measurements into 4ohm//2.2uF load

If you did, it would likely change the frequency response of the speakers.
  14. D

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

I bought a minidsp Flex 8 to replace the analog crossover in a 2 way MTM active crossover speaker set that I built twenty years ago. With that I will change it to a 2.5 way system, and I will make the crossover to the tweeter higher order to reduce a resonance in the aluminum cone woofer. We’re...
Top Bottom