Recent content by Dexter_prog

1. D

DAC blind tests? EVER?

I know right? Funny thing is that I always though the DAC differences were bullshit, but then you spot a nice used one and your mind starts formulating questions again.
  2. D

DAC blind tests? EVER?

Well this thread just saved me about 3000 euros. I had my doubts about "upgrading", but now I'm definitely not changing my dac/streamer
  3. D

Surge protector recommendations?

sorry to bump this thread. I bought an APC power strip with surge protection (APC Surge Protection Power Line PL8VT3-DE https://www.amazon.de/dp/B005MNROQS?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1) and after reading this thread I'm confused if what I bought is ok or if I should get something...
  4. D

Moved countries, help me get a new stereo system

When did I say my intention is to bother neighbors? In fact, I prefer listening to music at lower levels (I do love my hearing abilities and want to keep them). Bookshelves have always been fine for such rooms, plus frankly you don't even know where I live.
  5. D

haha regarding wife-friendly, this is a separate room JUST for audio. Meaning it's MY room (the rest of the house is hers, naturally :D), so the WAF is not for consideration. Why getting a big system? Well, this will definitely NOT be the place were we will be living for life, so instead of...
  6. D

I've been doing some more research. Since the Dyn's are low impedance speakers, I'm aware they need lots of power. I never owned an amplifier that wasn't integrated, but within my budget I saw the Parasound A23+, does that sound like a good match? I would of course need some sort of preamp...
  7. D

thanks for the list, I didn't know some. Here's my complete list (new ones added at the end). There's a couple from the EU because I'm building a DK + EU list to have more options: HiFi Klubben Audio Compagniet Audiophile AV-connection Blue Cat Audio Custom Audio Hi Fi Center Hi...
  8. D

Hey, thanks for the info. I was aware of the price difference (and on top of that our 25% VAT), but I thought all countries had to adjust VAT for the country of delivery, so this is interesting. Could you list some stores for me to check? Specially those that offer 2nd hand and demo products...
  9. D

Long story short: moved from shithole South America to Denmark. Now I feel like a kid first entering a Lego store: lots of options, I'm completely lost. Back there I had: KEF R300 + vincent sv237mk. I was satisfied with it, but I want to upgrade now. But read on about the Vincent Budget...
  10. D

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

hmm maybe. Next time I'll try playing a CD and using the m500 as the DAC and see if the issue persists.
  11. D

has anyone experiencing random issues with the left channel out of the blue? It happens that I'm listening to music and left channel loses volume and becomes muffled. I thought it was a tube in my amp but I noticed that turning off and on the DAC resolves the issue
  12. D

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

How does this compare to the smsl m500?
  13. D

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M - review/comparison?

why do you need this dac if you have a Lumin? Don't all their streamers have a dac?
  14. D

I'm not using ASIO, I'm running WASAPI mode in Roon
  15. D

I advice everyone NOT to use this drivers. Causes audio drops on my M500...
Top Bottom