Recent content by Derekinla

1. D

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Appreciate the discussion. I asked the previous question as I find it interesting to hear YouTube reviews from audiophiles who describe audible differences / coloration of sound between different high performing DAC's but I'm getting the impression that this may not be grounded on any measurable...
  2. D

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Do any of these high performing DACS color the sound or have an impact on sound that is not captured by objective measurements? Would things like soundstaging, instrument separation, imaging, dynamics be noticeably different?
  3. D

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

POT knob is Aluminum. Fit and finish is excellent.
  4. D

Just received the Aiyima A07 amp from AiyimaTechnology Store on Alliexpress. Item took 7 days to arrive to my home in California from time of ordering. Amp powered up without any sparking issues and it seems to be working well. Have not opened it up yet to see what circuit board is inside.
  5. D

Micca MB42X Mark III Bookshelf Speaker Review

At $89, the Neumi BS5 is close to the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR in price as the Pioneer's have been known to go below $100 from time to time. They were recently avail for $79 a month ago. At the $90'ish dollar price point, is the Pioneer better than the BS5?
  6. D

Which vendor did you get the A07 from?
  7. D

Micca MB42X Mark III Bookshelf Speaker Review

I find it interesting that this is the first thorough, rigorous evaluation of the MB42X’s even though they have been out for a number of years. My rough impression is that most prominent YouTube reviews are positive reviews and it makes me wonder if there is a conflict of interest where...
  8. D

Aiyima TPA3255 Amplifier Question

Am I correct in assuming that in the average real world listening scenario, most people would be listening to audio / music at much <<10% THD and that <1% THD would be reasonable # to model amp demands? Or is it fairly common for people to rock out to music with THD approaching 10% or say with...
  9. D

Thanks for the information! When I look at the power vs supply voltage graph(s) on the data sheet, they provide 3 configurations: BTL, SE, PBTL. Which one would be applicable to the scenario of using the mini amp to drive a pair of bookshelf speakers? Also in terms of THD, is 10% vs 1% a...
  10. D

Newbie here looking for info. I have a 24v 5A power supply adapter lying around. Could I use this with the Aiyima A07 or the other AIYIMA TPA3255 amp with Bluetooth and the PCM5102 DAC? There is also a third Aiyima iteration with Bluetooth 5.0 and APTX (but without the PCM5102 chip) which I...
  11. D

Newbie here looking for info. I have a 24v 5A power supply adapter lying around. Could I use this with the Aiyima A07 or the other version with the the Bluetooth and DAC? I haven’t purchased this amp yet but wanted to know options. I will using the amp near field with 4-8 ohm bookshelf speakers...
Top Bottom