Recent content by deniall83

1. deniall83

Marshall DSL1C Guitar Amplifier. Questions about emulated line output.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies.
  2. deniall83

Marshall DSL1C Guitar Amplifier. Questions about emulated line output.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where else to post. I'm looking at getting a new guitar amplifier and I like the look and sound of the Marshall DSL1C. The amp has an emulated line out which Marshall have said is for headphones or an audio interface. I'm a bit...
  3. deniall83

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Yes! Or even one of the EAR knock-off's by Nobsound. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815388702.html
  4. deniall83

Vinyl will always sound *different* than digital, right?

I have several records which I also have on CD. If the record is digitally sourced then the differences are almost nothing apart from some slight surface noise or the odd tick and pop. You can vastly improve the latter with a good microline stylus. I buy records because I enjoy the format and...
  5. deniall83

Does anybody actually listen to "Hotel California" outside of gear demos? (answer: apparently so)

Can't stand it. When I worked in HiFI there were a few songs that got played to death which I can't listen to any more. Hotel California Get Lucky Money for Nothing
  6. deniall83

Audioquest GO-4 Speaker Cable Review

I honestly don't think Audioquest make a single decent product. The Dragonfly sucks, their headphones were awful, their cables are poorly made, finished and expensive, their power products do nothing... I could go on. Truly a company of snake oil. EDIT maybe their record brush is OK?
  7. deniall83

Spirits, what you drinking...

Interesting.. I had a look at some of the bottles listed and prices are in the thousands here in Australia. Do you have any recommendations in the $100-$200 range?
  8. deniall83

What gear do you regret selling/getting rid of?

Regret selling my Bel Canto C5i, VPI Classic, Benz Ace SL and Donald North Audio Sonett headphone amp. All products were sold at a time that I needed the money but I wish I could have kept them.
  9. deniall83

Phono pre suggestions?

Possibly meant the MM-5. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/darlington-labs-mm-5-review-phono-stage.25204/
  10. deniall83

Nad c399 vs nad c298 (Hypex vs purifi) which one have better sound quality and by how much %?

An amplifier won't have a "sound" if it's designed properly. Buy the amp that suits your needs. I usually buy on features and power output.
  11. deniall83

What electronic audio products you want tested most

If anyone has one of those PrimaLuna integrated amplifiers, I'd love to see how a 40~wpc tube integrated measures.
  12. deniall83

Extreme Snake Oil

Love his vids and watched it straight away. I didn't realize it just shaves an angle. Weird stuff.
  13. deniall83

Any good CD player/transport around?

Got this Sony DVP-NS900V a few weeks ago after becoming frustrated with the lack of options for good quality, entry level CD players. So far I'm enjoying it. Nice build quality and some nice features as well as SACD playback.
  14. deniall83

Your Favorite Loudspeakers of all time whether you owned them or not

I'm very curious what you think of the Devore's. I've never heard them but have always wanted to.
Top Bottom