Recent content by dday84

1. D

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

I bought a Topping L30 II based on the ASR review of it. My previous headphone amp was struggling with adequately powering a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm headphones I had. The Topping L30 II has no problems driving it to levels I like.
  2. D

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I thought your 3 eyed fish avatar from the Simpsons, and username, looked familiar....and today I realized it is because I have seen you on the SH Forums as well.
  3. D

As far as I know, an OP cannot control and delete threads he or she creates. The OP has to reach out to a moderator and request they do that. What I have seen most often is an OP reaching out to a mod to change the title of a thread, or merging a thread with an existing similar one.
  4. D

Yeah, it started on page 2 before you ever arrived there. After I saw that, I posted something on page 2 stating how much I like and value what ASR and you do, and that measurements are a great resource and set of data for anyone to have and consider in regards to equipment they may be looking...
  5. D

I've been a member of the SH Forums for close to 20 years. Usually I just discuss music and releases there, but I do wade into the equipment forum as well. I was surprised just how quickly several posters became upset and went on the attack against ASR and Amir in particular, telling him to...
  6. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

He uses sports car names to describe colors on the "Specials" in-stock ready to ship speakers listed on the Tekton website. https://tektondesign.com/specials/
  7. D

It looks like Eric also likes to use Maserati branding when describing his speaker colors. I just took this snapshot of in-stock speakers on the Tekton website.
  8. D

Also, can Tekton call their colors "Lamorghini Green" and "Ferrari White" without getting permission or paying Ferrari and Lamborghini to use their brand name in marketing his speakers? I doubt it......and how funny would it be of those companies issued him a cease and desist or a lawsuit for...
  9. D

I know some feel this thread has run its course and should be shut down, but the Tekton owner unbelievably keeps posting FUD and misrepresentations about the ASR M-Lore speaker review across other internet sites. I think this thread would eventually stop and slow down if the Tekton owner would...
  10. D

So for anyone who read Eric Alexander's Tekton Facebook posting over the weekend where he claimed he heard Edgar Choueiri said one of his most expensive speakers were the flattest he had ever seen.......well that might have been another false narrative, at least based on this below response to...
  11. D

That could and should be the name for the next Tekton speaker !
  12. D

That was one of the most arrogant statements from Eric that I saw across all the various posts, blogs, etc. that he has made over the years. I seem to remember him saying almost that exact same thing back in the earlier days of Tekton, and it was one of those things that almost immediately...
  13. D

I agree. I think Amir mentioned earlier that companies who don't have their own Klippel NFS can get a speaker analyzed as a service for around $2k. That should be Eric's cost to cover next time. Maybe Amir can show him what generosity looks like and give him a 10%, $200 discount, on it :)
  14. D

It does keep getting better (...or worse I guess for Tekton..). I keep telling myself to stop reading this thread, but I have never seen anything like this in over 20 years of reading audio-related forums on the internet. I just find it so bizzare and bewildering that I have to see how this...
  15. D

This response in Tekton/Eric's latest video to a commenter's question cracked me up. First, I don't understand why the heck this would be Eric's policy in response to the question asked, but when he wrote it, he opened the door for the response by someone at the end.
Top Bottom