Recent content by dan2021

1. D

Currently best option for <50€ DAC/amp dongle or unit?

Lotoo Paw S1 (they're being cleared at very good prices now both used and in stores due to Paw S2 coming out) and the Paw S1 is still brilliant. I'm using it with a 2000Euro iem and it honestly doesnt hold the system back in any way.
  2. D

Lotoo Paw S1 DAC/AMP Dongle

Anyone has experience with this USB DAC Dongle? Reviews seem solid and it's very cheap now in my country because of the new S2 coming out. I'm looking for a simple solution that works with phone/laptop but am looking for something transparent as it will be used with Shure KSE1200 iems
  3. D

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-660-Audiophile-Headphone/dp/B076HP574T/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 100USD discount on HD660 atm
  4. D

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

@amirm Can I ask, in terms of pure sound quality (so not considering build, connection or features like MQA), can I ask is there a big difference/any difference between the D90SE with the ESS9038 Pro and the D50S with the ESS9038Q2M?
  5. D

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Anyone tried this versus Topping D50S?
  6. D

Review and Measurements of the Chord Hugo 1 DAC & HP Amp

would you all get 1 of these used for like 400USD now?
  7. D

Amplifier for HD800S

Any opinions on the Topping A50s for HD800s? Similar price in my country to the Schiit magni (this is very overpriced here)
  8. D

iBasso DC04 Balanced Dongle with 4.4mm Pentaconn Jack

So far, my subjective opinion: Pros: Super small for a full balanced 4.4mm output dongle Cheapish (i got mine super cheap used, ~30USD) Solid Power (I run HD800S and I rarely exceed 30% power) Detail (not the most detailed but I also don't feel cheated of details in the music) Treble extension...
  9. D

supposedly the DC03 and 04 are pretty big improvements on the original 2 but I guess we'll have to see if its able to be tested
  10. D

I decided to just pick up one (got it used for ~30USD and couldnt resist). So far seems very solid. Powers the HD800s extremely comfortably and has decently low noise with iems.
  11. D

I'll likely be using it for both. With android phone for iem mobile. With laptop pc as a mobile solution (when working at external sites) plus stop gap home solution with HD800s while I wait for my A50S to reach
  12. D

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

For anyone looking for a pair of these in Singapore/South east asia, Sennheiser is doing quite a big sale atm. After you account for vouchers, etc, its around 250-260 USD (https://singapore.sennheiser.com/products/hd-650-audiophile)
  13. D

Potential New 3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs

I just picked 1 up. Got a really good deal on a used one for 34 usd and couldnt pass it up. Its extremely solid. Im mainly using it as a stop gap until my Topping A50S reaches but have to say for it's size, it's super impressive.
Top Bottom