Recent content by Dal1as

1. D

Revel C783 In-Ceiling Speaker Review

I know Triad has some interesting in wall/ceiling speakers with angled baffles. Atmos relies on angles and even phantom signals between every adjoining pair of speakers. Especially going from bed layer speakers to top fronts/rears. Moving my front/rear tops closer to the MLP made a distinct...
  2. D

How many audio forums do you follow?

Just ASR and AVSforums anymore. Audioholics until it turned into a political echo chamber. Still remember the days of the rptv forums and remote control one. Good times.
  3. D

Isowall - wall damping

In a large room like that I would worry about treatment to get your rt60 down and just use absorbers of the right thickness behind the speakers for sbir. Diffusers depend on the room and may not be needed in such a large room.
  4. D

EQ'ing to Harman curve doesn't give me pleasing results - why not?

This is a good example of why room acoustics matter, knowing a speakers anechoic frequency response both on axis and off axis can be beneficial. Also why even off axis response makes eqing a speaker easier. You need to take into account 1st reflections from the ceiling, floor, walls, even...
  5. D

Advice please: Wall mounted setup for Home Gym/ Music Room £1000 budget

The Revels have been reviewed here by Amir and measured very well. I actually use the Klipsch aw650s as atmos and they measured well also. In a space such as that you will want to do some work to get your rt60 manageable and also need some eq. Something to think about. Good luck.
  6. D

Advice please: Wall mounted setup for Home Gym/ Music Room £1000 budget

You may want to look at something like the Klipsch aw650 outdoor speaker or even better the Revel outdoor speaker which I believe measured well here on ASR.
  7. D

OK to use "non-final" subwoofer to determine approx. placement?

I'm about to do a quick layout change in my theater and am going to try that tool (along side doing it manually) and see how it goes. One thing to remember is the delay/distance setting in the AVRs is different than what you're doing with subs. Also why it's helpful to start with the farthest...
  8. D

OK to use "non-final" subwoofer to determine approx. placement?

Not a bad idea. You have all summer to test. Do it right. Learn your room response and where all the nulls are especially. The trick with multi sub in non standard rooms is to make sure the subs help one another and mask the faults of the other ones. Will there at least be doors and outside...
  9. D

Recommend me Rythmic Subs for Surround System

If you are using an AT screen there is no reason to not use matched LCR up front. Crossed at 80hz the 6700 would have easilly ran those speakers but it looks like you already got the amps. For subs why not 4 of the hsu 15s? Spend time and money on a mini dsp, mic, and learning REW. As for the...
  10. D

In Ceiling Speakers for 400 sq. ft. home theater recommendations (size and dispersion) for Atmos

It was in reference to the speakers the op picked to timbre match not so much against the good practice of doing so. It was written hastily and too vague. My bad as I had planned on following up. Firstly. Matching speakers is much more than matching just a brand. The only way to truly match...
  11. D

In Ceiling Speakers for 400 sq. ft. home theater recommendations (size and dispersion) for Atmos

Do not use non angled down firing in ceiling speakers. Atmos is all about the angles and proper separation between speakers especially between the bed layer and top speakers. I haven't seen this gone over much here. I won't link it as I am not sure if it is allowed but AVS forums has a thread...
  12. D

Absorption only on front wall?

I don't think you are seeing the whole picture or possibly do not know how room modes work in what is considered a small room. Anyone who has invested time doing thorough bass management knows that sbir can really mess things up. Absorption panels behind a speaker are definately needed to tame...
  13. D

Absorption only on front wall?

Small room acoustics need to be treated differently than larger auditoriums and such. Front wall treatment would mainly be for SBIR from your LCR. Distance from the front baffle to the wall, the speaker, etc, all matter but 5 inch bass absorption panels would be needed at the least. What's...
  14. D

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

There are definately other matters at play. The 6700h tested higher that he 3700 and 4700 with the same akm dac. Is it all noticable? Probably not.
Top Bottom