Recent content by d3l

1. D

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

If you have a chance take a listen to the unit. The sound is sinply superb. Probably do to the combination of the chip implementation and the filters.
  2. D

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Their dacs are also used in mastering studios besides hifi. They simply sound very good and the bricasti support and upgrade paths for their products is top notch. I own one of their reverb units and allrhough its pure dsp, there is simply nothing like it on the market.
  3. D

Sound Devices MixPre-3 II Multichannel Recorder Review

Thanks for the right measurements. This a great example that you should really know what you're doing when working with pro equipment.
  4. D

ATC speakers / Monitors

Interested as well.
  5. D

How NOT to set up speakers and room treatment ( Goldensound)

This is getting way out of hand. The same stuff repeated ’bass traps dont work’ etc. over and over again. While ignoring people’s good willed explanations how things work in the real world. There are guys like T.L on the thread sharing their wisdom on the subject for gods sake.
  6. D

This is exactly how it is. Modern music since 50’s is produced with reverb, delay and all the spatial information allready on the recording. This is something that seems to be extremely hard for some people on this thread to grasp. Rooms can have higher RT and still sound nice but it needs to...
  7. D

Guy cuts around 200ms of RT from a small room making it from quite unbearable to actually quite good and you are dismissing it and suggesting _planters_ instead. I’m not sure if this is serious or not.
  8. D

Thank you. You said exactly the same I’ve been thinking, just worded better. I’m quite astounded on the comments on how DSP would be only thing needed to solve these problems.
  9. D

Thanks for this. This is exactly why you see the treates sidewalls in about 99% studios.
  10. D

The wait is over: Genelec 8381A point source main monitor has arrived

Oh come on, Sarum with the studio stuff again. Just leave it dude… Soffit mounts are done all the time, everywhere. Just sold 3 soffit mounts for 8351 for a new build.
  11. D

Hello. What do you mean by 'acoustic product'? You can get a quite a few off the shelf or custom absorbers, resonators even active traps that work wonders in smoothing out room response and RT even at low frequencies.
  12. D

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

The loudness benefit comes from the directivity and phase accuracy. Its crazy how much louder the same DB is perceived when those are in check. Enjoy man!
  13. D

This. The hate is from people who have no real world experience.
Top Bottom