Recent content by cputoaster

1. C

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

GS308EP-100PES Firmware: V1.0.1.1 IGMP Snooping enabled for IT LAN, not for Dante LAN
  2. C

JBL SDP 58 vs Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 Considerations and Purchase Advice

Also, Dante works fine for most (e.g. me), with JBL supporting and fixing HW problems if you have very early versions (like I had). It's one of the USPs and allows a whole new world of possibilities, especially because of the option to mix analog and digital, ethernet, RCA and XLR with Dirac...
  3. C

GS308EP-100PES Firmware: V1.0.1.1 IGMP Snooping enabled for IT LAN, not for Dante LAN Works fine for me, so the switch is probably not the problem. Screenshots attached. "sumo" is the MacBook that is normally not on the network, just now for using the tools. Cheers, Andres
  4. C

Nope. Just a switch. The VLAN is the very brute force one, where I just have 4 ports of the switch in one separate Dante network and the other 4 ports in my standard in-house network. They work fine. Just not using them that often, I only use the PS3 as a CD / Bluray / DVD player and the...
  5. C

It works well for me with a Netgear GS308EP-100PES, the important part is to disable the power saving stuff in the web management and have a dedicated vlan for dante. I have an NVidia Shield TV connected for ATMOS movie viewing, also using a lot of direct casting from Google Home devices. Apart...
  6. C

I think something is wrong with the setup. My SDP-55 (with the usual fixed Dante / XLR boards) works very well with an NVidia Shield and playing from a MacBook via Dante without any squeals or snaps. I did have problems before I bought and correctly configured an appropriate network switch. I...
  7. C

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Great! I am currently using Dante, but hate the wires. You could maybe also see if there would be WIFI capable standards / extensions of standards on the horizon, specifically for multi-channel (>8) home movie setups that don't need low latency from the source (naturally, the speakers need to be...
  8. C

Just as an SDP-55 user with Dirac Live (no GLM) Genelec setup, it just boring works for me, via Dante/AES for the 8351b LCR and XLR for ceil / surrounds / subs. I really hope we get ART though.
  9. C

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

Yes, works very well for me. I am using Dante -> AES with 3x Genelec 8351b combined with 4x XLR analog Genelec 8020d and 2x XLR analog Arendal subs.
  10. C

What are my fellow Genelec owners feeding them with?

different digital sources -> SDP-55 with DIRAC -> dante -> dante2aes converter -> 3x8351b (+ SDP-55 -> analog XLR -> 4x8020d, + SDP-55 -> analog XLR -> 2x Arendal 1723 1S, but those are either not for stereo or not Genelec)
  11. C

Advice needed: classical music, budget ~$30k

Going for Genelec Ones, mulitple subwoofers and full Dirac DLBC helped in my case with a large bad room as compared to previous non-point-source speakers and no DSP. The reason to get the Genelecs in combination with DSP was for me that the point source is supposed to be easier to correct than...
  12. C

I managed to get a pass on the white version of the monitors, but the subs also needed to be white and looking shiny to fit in. Also, I used the sub comparison table on ASR to find subs that are not huge, but precise, sealed and with power down to a low frequency. The good reviews helped. As I...
  13. C

Had the same problem, no room modifications accepted, needed a certain WAF. I really like the Genelecs (white 8351b in my case) with two (diagonally placed) subs (white Arendal 1723 S1) for listening to classical (mostly orchestral and piano) and jazz. Room is 60m2 with one side of glass and an...
  14. C

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

No problem. The 8020D are at around 1.5-2m, while the 8351b are more like 3m away. It is calibrated to around 70dB and I never had the feeling that there was anything missing or audible distortions. The crossover (as set in Dirac Live) is at around 70Hz. Not using GLM, just the straight...
  15. C

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

AVR with Dante -> AES3 for LCR, rest XLR analog pre-outs
Top Bottom