Recent content by clemenules

1. C

Analytical Analysis - Room Gain

Please tolerate my stupidity, but can you imagine this is very confusing for a non-engineer? Your statement seems to be in direct contradiction with the "12 db per octave in room gain" due to pressure vessel gain. Using your suggestion gives me a ~3db boost (constant) in WinISD. Also much lower...
  2. C

@Scgorg @René - Acculution.com So.... I did some measurements. Happy to receive constructive criticism to gain a better understanding. #1 with sub in ported (standard) and sealed (improvised) mode; #2 with one main (bookshelf speaker, ELAC dbr62) in ported and sealed (improvised) mode. For...
  3. C

Did I damage my speakers?

Had some time to do some quick & dirty measurements for verification. Both speakers measured at their normal locations, nothing fancy schmancy, at approx 30 cm distance each, 1/48th octave smoothing. decibel readings not calibrated as I was just interested in the shape of the curve. Nothing...
  4. C

Subwoofer size in small room

I have dsp and measuring mic. Mains are calibrated at 75db (c weighted) at mlp at -30db volume level, providing for 105db peaks. Average level in practice (music and movies) is probably closer to 65db. House curve with bass 6db above 20khz So.... For 105 dB peaks mains = 111 dB peaks for...
  5. C

Subwoofer size in small room

So.... at the risk oversimplifying... should he get 2 x 10" or 1 x 12" - coming from someone who's going to put subs in an even smaller room (roughly 9 x 9 ft). Not hijacking the thread as this questions still matches the thread title...
  6. C

OK... Do I understand you correctly if I conclude that in this case, the high pass filter of the sub is steeper than the low pass of the room? Otherwise the measured in room response would be "flatter" closer to the first node than it is now, no?
  7. C

It appears I might have reacted rather hastily! Perhaps I should not react on matters outside of my expertise at 2 AM in the morning! :) What I was expecting: 9-12 db per octave boost below the first node (for a sealed sub) What I see in the graph (with more scrutiny): A rise in gain from the...
  8. C

I've bought the issue and read the article. Not sure what to make of the measurements in the article. The measured room gain is just so-so. Then it goes on to say that the measurement room has a large opening to an adjacent room. So..... what to make of this? Room gain is supposed to describe...
  9. C

Thanks all for the replies! Due to work/life obligations no time to set up measurements yet. I will definitely follow up once I have time and post findings here. In the meantime, found a major source for the "wonky" sounds I was hearing: when streaming spotify to my Kodi (LibreElec) setup...
  10. C

1. How likely is it I damaged my speaker based on situations below? 2. How do I test if my speakers are working to spec? Equipment: Speakers elac dbr62 DAC minidsp 2x4hd ADC / mic interface Motu M4 Mic SoundID Reference Measurement Microphone Amp IMG Stageline sta 800d (= 2x Hypex ucd400 = 2...
  11. C

Audiophonics DA-S250NC DAC & Power Amp Review

Yes the sabaj a30a did catch my attention, as did the HK Citation amp. Alas no measurements. Just because a30a uses the same chip as the vmv A2 doesn't mean it's implemented the same way, no? And then EUR 550 feels like an expensive gamble.
  12. C

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so we can leave aesthetisc aside. Argument distracts from the following: Billy's option: - Max power PA5 = 83 W @4 Ohm vs DA-s250nc 205 W @ 4 Ohm - Plenty of unhappy PA5 customers...
  13. C

Also curious? Can you provide alternatives for similar or lower price: Alternative 1: - Performance simliar or better than Audiophonics DA-S250NC - DAC + AMP or Alternative 2: - Performance similar to or better than Audiophonics DA-S250NC - DAC + AMP + power supply (!) in one box Considering...
  14. C

What is the "reset" volume of this unit, after a power cycle. 0db? -x dB?
  15. C

End Game DIY Loudspeakers

What range do you operate the MD60N's in?
Top Bottom