Recent content by Carlton80@0

1. Carlton80@0

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I would be delighted to run the cute little monos in a test of low impedance performance with the amp killing Apogee Scintilla. Although many amps baulk at the driving requirements of the 1 ohm load. I would not be surprised if it was able to play at a reasonable level before protection kicks in.
  2. Carlton80@0

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

For those that are considering the purchase of the Flex. Partsexpress is currently offering $75.00 off on all orders over $500 with free shipping. This would be applied to the SE and BAL versions. This deal ends at midnight. Currently showing the SE on back order and the BAL stock of 4.
  3. Carlton80@0

VTV Purifi Remote trigger assistance

Thanks for taking the time to research. I will just keep the amps powered on for now.
  4. Carlton80@0

https://vtvamplifier.com/product/monoblock-vtv-amplifier-with-purifi-1et7040sa-high-power-module/ I can solder and would prefer to use the same or equivalent trigger module.
  5. Carlton80@0

Hoping to seek some assistance for adding the remote 12v trigger to a pair VTV amplifiers. I have reached out to Warren at VTV to seed if I could purchase the 12v trigger modules and back plates to perform the update in the field and have been informed that there is no support for his customers...
  6. Carlton80@0

Speakers from last century that you love

Big speakers in a small room equals Sonic Nightmare!
  7. Carlton80@0

Speakers from last century that you love

Still in love with my first love. The Apogee Scintilla.
  8. Carlton80@0

Looking for Small Speakers with Low Hiss

I use Meridian DSP33 fed by the digital output from Topping D10. No hiss just cheap bliss.
  9. Carlton80@0

Looking to Class D amps

I went with the VTV HP mono blocks as a value proposition. They effortlessly deliver the goods into my impractical 1ohm load. Good thing is most manufacturers allow an evaluation period to decide if the synergy is right.
  10. Carlton80@0

Has anybody been able to use Airplay 2 without the clicks/crackling sound?

i don’t use airplay much but my wife lives by it. She doesn’t have any problem using airplay 2 around the house Streaming to my Arcam ST-60 or Sonos Port.
  11. Carlton80@0

Connecting bookshelf speakers to computer

Get the powered unit and connect something like the Topping D10 Via your computer’s usb. You have the choice of using either the digital or analog output from the D10. Topping D10s Mini USB DAC CSS XMOS XU208 ES9038Q2M OPA2134 Audio Amplifier Decoder Black https://a.co/d/c3lS98O
  12. Carlton80@0

GIK Accoustics are more than worth the money

Delivered and installed.
  13. Carlton80@0

Full range floorstanders ~$4000 budget

Meridian DSPK are a full fledged bargain on the used market($400-$1500). Especially with digital source. Using a cd transport or any other source with a digital output one can assemble a complete system without all of the hassle of cables, amps, preamps. Through in the fact that the speaker can...
Top Bottom