Recent content by capslock

1. C

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Wow. I am not aware of any discrete ΣΔ DACs being better than the best integrated so far.
  2. C

Surely they don't make their own DACs at Topping. So those would be the current models from AKM or ESS since there is noone else left in the high end of the market.
  3. C

Ok, then one would need a Pi with a digital in hat and USB host out. Yes, the DM7, besides home theater, only makes sense if you are willing to run the DSP (XO or room correction) in the host. That's why a DM7 II with standalone DSP capability would be great. Mind you, such a project exists...
  4. C

You mean device = cheapo S/PDIF or optical to USB out? If the PEQ is indeed implemented in the XMOS, it should work. Something like this, though you'd have to find a USB-A female to USB-C male adapter...
  5. C

Wait. The PEQ is not implemented in the driver for the Windows PC but somewhere in the box, presumably the XMOS? If so, why not apply it to S/PDIF in, too? In order to use it, one would need to buy an additional S/PDIF to USB device, which seems superfluous. Now can we have the PEQ (ideally...
  6. C

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Interestingly, RCA has a higher noise floor but HD2 is a tad better and HD3 considerably. HD 4 and 5 no difference. I wonder if they do a symmetrical to single ended conversion on the input and screwed that up.
  7. C

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Sorry if this has been asked before: - The v3 mono is not on sale anywhere yet, is it? - The v3 stereo is nowhere near as good (spec 88 dB SINAD). What are the differences? No PFFB for the stereo?
  8. C

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Yeah, I did. The whole reason I asked was that those IMD vs. level plots on the HPA seem to show an ESS hump. Is that present on the balanced line outs, too?
  9. C

Thanks. What's the difference in test signal or setup between the two graphs?
  10. C

Is IMD via headphone out or line out? If, line out SE or balanced?
  11. C

Measurements: "ESS Hump" revisited (Khadas Tone Board V1.3)

I wasn't aware the hump shows up in THD measurements of ESS DACs. This very interesting thread on ESS vs AKM ADCs prompted me to search: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/ess-hump-strikes-back.394086/post-7612078
  12. C

Moondrop May USB-C Headphones Review

So what is the impact of the nonlinearity at -55 dB? There is no kink at all in the THD+N vs. power graph right above where I would have expected to see an effect.
  13. C

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

Great work! For those building it, getting metal film rather than thick film resisitors is probably more important than worrying about the small extra distortion introduced by the 5532. It might also be worthwhile to redo the layout to accept larger resistors (0804, 1206 or preferably MELF).
  14. C

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Well, I am learning interesting things about Wiim. Where are their development and marketing teams based? Their forum responses certainly are very professional. Repeatedly shipping poorly performing versions is not a smart move, though. I remember pestering my dealer whether his stock of Pro...
Top Bottom