Recent content by canthearathing

1. C

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Before the adjustment, the R200s were too warm for my taste and a lot of the higher frequency details are somewhat overpowered by the muddiness presented in the 100hz-300hz region. After the adjustment, the R200s sound much tighter in the lower end and the extension down to the 40hz makes it...
  2. C

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

This is how my Polk R200 sounded before Audyssey correction (Teal) and after (Purple). I'm running them as a pair of full range speakers without a subwoofer.
  3. C

[HELP] I can't hear difference between SS and tube amp using HD800

Yes absolutely. In a weird way, I feel relieved to know that there weren't any audible difference to my ears. I can now sell my tube amp and not have to worry about wireless signal interference or replacing the tube. My friend didn't fare much better either, but he already didn't think there...
  4. C

[HELP] I can't hear difference between SS and tube amp using HD800

Hi everyone, I recently created the following setup to A/B test some of my headphone amps and am quite shocked, humbled, and confused by my result. Could you please share your thoughts and if this is normal? I'm seriously questioning my hearing abilities now and wonder if my hearing is somehow...
Top Bottom