Recent content by CALCULATOR

1. CALCULATOR

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Save a couple hundred more and a Topping PA7 can be yours. But it runs super frickin hot... I love mine. I'm so impressed with it.
  2. CALCULATOR

Nice looking speaker cables that aren't expensive?

I don't like how they're so stiff at the ends, I had a pair of those but I wasn't a fan and I gave them away to a buddy when I put together a hifi birthday gift
  3. CALCULATOR

Is there a hack to braiding cables then? Or are you saying just wrap and use the shrink tube
  4. CALCULATOR

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

Between R2R and Delta? Hmmmmm Maybe the Gustard and the Topping sound the same I don't frickin know anymore But it sure looks super cool check this out
  5. CALCULATOR

I really liked these monoprice RCA's I got for $10 each. Super nice looking cables and feel awesome. Saw the same build cable from "world's best cables" sell for $100+... WTF? So it's obvious you can make cables for a low cost, as you can see I'm rocking ugliness for my speaker posts, and I...
  6. CALCULATOR

Like the title says I want to buy some pre made cables that look decent but aren't insanely expensive I don't want to get into the whole "how it's sounds" debate, only how it looks I need them to be about 10ft long and durable, but sensibly priced... Meaning not some $500 cable, that's...
  7. CALCULATOR

I have a feeling that even if I, personally, put the Saber and AKM side by side I wouldn't be able to tell a thing. R2R was a noticeable difference for me, but, it is still a very mild one. It's hard to explain but it is THERE. AND I DIG IT A LOT. I played with the PCM filters non stop of...
  8. CALCULATOR

A couple of hours in with the Velvet and PA7 and I am amazed by how good I'm hearing my music. It's a different experience from my tower+Parasound+Gustard configuration in the living room right behind me in the picture For what it's worth- if you're on the fence about getting an E70- DO IT!
  9. CALCULATOR

Yes sir! And thank you. I retired my sim audio to another room and settled on a compact topping stack, more room on my desk now because I also do engineering work in the same seat. I tried a variety and always go back to these because all their imperfections aside, they are very good with...
  10. CALCULATOR

The R2R's, to me, have a particular sound having tried the base dena and a Gustard R26. The kind that Topping E70 is (forgot, delta??? Whatever the designation is called) sounds much more transparent and accurate. My Gustard R26 has more... Depth. I like both, I always encourage my audio...
  11. CALCULATOR

House and techno If there is any sort of decay I always think I'd hear it. But maybe my hearing is not so good, and I want to stay out of the discussion of which one is better or if the Velvet is worth it. I bought it because more qualified reviewers said so, and I'm one of those people. I...
  12. CALCULATOR

I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot. The Gustard opened my eyes that yes, a dac can make or break your system. Having tried the D90(? I think it's called that, it was the $900 best of the best from topping at the time) I was so very impressed with how clean it sounded compared to anything else I've...
  13. CALCULATOR

Lmfao I am waiting for my E70V and PA7+ stack to arrive Friday.... I guess my $100 extra wasn't worth it for the other chip I felt the same when I blind tested the slow mid and fast filters on my Gustard R26. I could not tell a difference. I don't know how people hear a difference or maybe...
  14. CALCULATOR

Looking to build a small PA systems for parties

I settled on a class AB crown XLI 2500 And so far I have 2 bookshelves I was using from an old 6cd changer system. They're pretty decent. But I'm looking for a few diamonds in the rough. Cost is an object, but also it isn't. Let's give it $2000-2500 for the speakers And $2000 for the sub...
  15. CALCULATOR

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

Has anyone figured out where to find the 5.70 usb driver that's listed on their website? Link seems broken, I sent em an email about it from the bottom of the page, i suggest you guys do as well to put some pressure http://www.gustard.cn/?page_id=8956 I'm a bit disappointed with the support...
Top Bottom