Recent content by Buster Chestnut

1. B

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

I don’t see any issue in this particular thread; the very opposite, as the discussion unfolds. And I agree the advice linked would be the ideal way to go. Honestly, it‘s probably how most ppl approach the forum. For those that don’t, just ignore what bothers you. Literally a click of the...
  2. B

As someone who has been a founding member of a few forums (different subject matters than this one), I will just say the forum will change as it grows; that is inevitable and is absolutely a good thing. What is not required to change are the values held by members. And I would think the core...
  3. B

Again, anyone “weary and exasperated” needs to simply not respond. Why do members of this board feel they are entitled to treat others in this manner, which you may not perceive as disrespectful and uninviting but quite many clearly do? Why is a new member asking an innocuous question or...
  4. B

Then stay out of the threads with new members. Seriously, >90% of the issues I and others witness on this board would be solved immediately if people who cannot exercise patience would simply not get involved.
  5. B

I agree, but many people simply coming to an audio hobbyist forum to discuss with others may not expect to be hammered by demands they set up a test lab in their living room. If they balk at that, the floodgates open on here and it certainly doesn’t appear entirely good-natured. It doesn’t seem...
  6. B

Thanks for a well reasoned response. Just coming back to this as life has been busy. Here’s my main issue, and I’m not talking about a DAC “sound signature” here, I’m speaking generally... In my opinion, there is a pretty strong bias on this particular forum to simply *reject* opinions that...
  7. B

For a very few “golden ears” posters perhaps. The vast majority of posts are “harman curve” this and “SINAD” that, purporting some derivative silver bullet that supplants personal preference as if it’s a zero-sum game. Telling people “your ears deceive you- you shouldn’t actually like product X...
  8. B

No, 99.99% of posters on this site do not “listen first and then measure.” That’s yet another asinine claim if you give it just a tiny shred of thought.
  9. B

And almost to the minute, someone posts something asinine on a ”science” forum implying: (1) we know and can measure all there is about sound and human hearing (2) if experiential data doesn’t exactly mirror a handful of measurements (many generalized and all limited) then the experiential data...
  10. B

Which order to apply room correction tools?

im not going to argue with you, just trying to stop someone from misleading others.
  11. B

TIL DSP is more effective at removing room reflections than acoustic treatments. anyways, I’d just suggest approaching this subject without dogmatism- you might learn something ;)
  12. B

It’s been said multiple times in this very thread so didn’t think I needed to. Proper speaker placement and room treatments are both more important than DSP.
Top Bottom