Recent content by bunkbail

1. bunkbail

Is it that easy to blow up a subwoofer?

Sure, will absolutely do it from now on!
  2. bunkbail

Okay so apparently the power amp just need a quick 5 minutes of rest to make it sing again ahaha! I'm so sorry for the fuss and being such a noob. Here in the product page of the power amp it states that "If the power of the speaker is too low, the power amplifier chip will be powered off for...
  3. bunkbail

Fuse is still intact, and the unit still lights up. It just doesn't make any sound. So weird.
  4. bunkbail

You're right! It does make sound! I did a quick sweep measurement, it is not damaged in any way! Omg! Yes this is the case now unfortunately. So the issue here is the power amp, any idea what may cause it went kaput all of a sudden like that? It was working fine for so long, until I played the...
  5. bunkbail

Thanks for the info. Now I know my next sub should be a sealed design.
  6. bunkbail

Yes it is a ported sub. And no I didn't add any highpass filter. Was that a mistake? :(
  7. bunkbail

For context, this is my living room setup: Khadas Tone Board -> iFi iTube2 preamp -> Naim NAP250 clone DIY amp -> GR Research X-LS Encore + a DIY sub using SB Acoustics SB23MFCL45-4 subwoofer driver tuned to around 35Hz driven by Aiyima A3001 TPA3255-based subwoofer power amp connected to the...
  8. bunkbail

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

The upcoming PS Audio Obsidian TSS DAC has a tentative MSRP of $20-25k. Let that sink in haha.
  9. bunkbail

KEF's New Tech is Real

Now do it with the KEF LS50 Meta as well:p.
  10. bunkbail

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

Hi and welcome to ASR! I'm one of your viewers as well though I've never commented on any of your videos. I found your channel thru diyaudio after seeking for some infos about BG and Sounderlink planars :).
  11. bunkbail

Which 30 USD Aliexpress DAC you recommend?

Thanks for the link. Just ordered it since it only costs me $18 through my local online store. Looks like a variant/clone of the well reviewed Speaka USB DAC on this site, which I totally love.
  12. bunkbail

What truth? That you don't know how to read and interpret speaker measurements?
  13. bunkbail

Elac Uni-fi 2.0 announced

If you actually see the video I linked on the second post, you can see that they're much easier to drive than the Debut Reference series.
  14. bunkbail

Wow, that's a lot to digest! Awesome review! You'll probably need a really good sub to cross it over 200 Hz.
  15. bunkbail

Get your popcorn ready.

It surely is the LRS and it is totally expected anyways. What I want to know is if it can score much higher if the response is corrected full-range by Dirac or any room correction softwares.
Top Bottom