Recent content by Brian6751

1. B

KEF R3 Meta vs Arendal 1723 S bookshelf

then I would lean towards the KEF, personally.
  2. B

KEF R3 Meta vs Arendal 1723 S bookshelf

Tough call. For strictly home theater, I could go either way. If for also music listening, KEF R3, no contest.
  3. B

MartinLogan Remakes Motion Series Speakers

I think Amir did a good job explaining how different interpretations of the trend line can effect how the speaker is EQed and therefore how it can sound different subjectively
  4. B

Martin Logan B10 Speaker Review

Excellent review @amirm. So, would you agree that it's most likely the low distortion in that audible range that makes this speaker sound detailed and not just the elevated treble and therefore not "Fake Detail"
  5. B

What does John Heisz get wrong in his latest video about speaker measurements?

In that format, yes. That is why I would like to see Amir or Erin actually interview them and expect real honest answers.
  6. B

OK. I would like to see more of that including interviews. Im actually more interested in hearing from the designers of the speakers that don't measure how the community has determined they should.
  7. B

So, you see no value in getting the designers feedback on the measurements? Some of it may be anecdotal but I would like to hear their side, especially from those that supposedly used measurements in their design
  8. B

He doesn't seem to understand the importance of measurements from a design perspective. He does glance over the issue of the community creating their own purity test for how a speaker "should" measure as if there is only one way a speaker should be designed, but then misses the opportunity to...
  9. B

MartinLogan Motion® XT F100 vs Focal Aria 936

That may actually work since it passive as in no AD/DA conversation needed.
  10. B

Your integrated amp doesn’t have a tape loop so you can’t really put a EQ in line with it unless you used the external EQs DAC and looped back into one of the analog inputs. Your amp does have tone controls though and that can act as an EQ to change the bass and/or treble response
  11. B

Sounds like you should really like the Martin Logan’s. I would say the soundstage and clarity are great. Imaging is excellent and they have very low distortion. I have them in an equilateral triangle aimed directly at me. One word of caution; the F200’s are tall. If you are seated less than 11’...
  12. B

I have the F200's and am extremely happy with them. The F100's should sound similar. They measure pretty flat in room which people will say sounds bright. They can be EQed easily but your amp doesn't have EQ so you may or may not like that brightness. One benefit they have is they don't really...
  13. B

that amp should power either of them, no problem. I would audition both in your room and keep the one you like best. Crutchfield makes that really simple to do
  14. B

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

It was correct when I posted that three years ago... Glad they explain how to make it work now.
Top Bottom