Recent content by bplatypus

1. B

Willsenton R8

Wow that was quite long to read, but thanks for all the explanation. I’ve been listening to my r8 for the last nights and what a joy. I just don’t agree with best measurements = better sound, but surely I’m on the wrong forum to say that. What I can say is, if you’re able to try an amplifier...
  2. B

Volume & DAC?

Hi, Just for my knowledge, I wanted to know why my volume increases like 'insane' between a Denon x6700 and a Denafrips Ares DAC (lent by a friend)...ok the denafrips doesn't have a volume control but if I increase the volume on my Denon to match the one of denafrips I don't have the same...
  3. B

Willsenton R8

A no-discussion cult? Ok
  4. B

Willsenton R8

Sorry but I really don’t agree with that statement. Maybe some really high-end class D amplifiers can sound like good tube one (but at what price?? And maybe not everyone is enjoying tube-sound). Again between Hypex and R8, at least for me, there’s no discussion, R8 is more involving, natural...
  5. B

Willsenton R8

I think it’s more difficult between the R8 and Elekit but if you focus on details and presentation you will hear it. Between R8 and Hypex it’s different because (maybe) the hypex has more details and better presentation but there’s something about the tone and natural sounding of R8. I never...
  6. B

Willsenton R8

Prove what? That I enjoy the R8 more than my Hypex??
  7. B

Willsenton R8

Oh yeah ok. Measurements… I believe (?) the R8 don’t measure good and I don’t care . The R8 and Elekit are not my primary amp… because I mostly watch movies or tv series and I’m not going to use a tube amp for this. But at the end what I wanted to say is that I really enjoy listening to music...
  8. B

Willsenton R8

didn’t understand (post reply corrected by moderator)
  9. B

Willsenton R8

I have exactly the same amps . Hypex and R8 and I can tell you right away that the R8 buries the Hypex… I know it’s not a fair comparison but I really really like the sound of the R8. I also own an Elekit 8900 (fully kitted with 300B and 2A3 = almost 4 times the price of R8) and yes it’s in...
  10. B

Apple TV 3'rd Generation - AirPlay measurements over TOSLINK

what is the best option between: ATV4k -> HDMI -> DAC iPhone -> lightning to usb3 -> DAC thanks and for those using ATV, do you sometimes have music interruptions (I use my iphone to play music on atv)? Sometimes music just stops and I have to click on 'Play' and it restarts immediately...
  11. B

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

if you already have a warmish tube amp in your system maybe it's not the best idea to add a DAC which brings more warm to the system... this is what I meant with synergy. (just an example, not speaking about the DACs we are talking about)
  12. B

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

personal taste & synergy with your other devices For those interested, I found this comparison between both of them: https://soundnews.net/sources/dacs/a-new-point-of-reference-gustard-r26-discrete-r-2r-ladder-dac-review/
  13. B

didn't even look at it because of the DAC it's using. (I know DAC chip implementation is more important than the chip itself but I didn't want a sabre DAC in the first place and this is why I didn't look at it) How does it compare to the r26 & a26? I'm not in a quest of having the most detailed...
Top Bottom