Recent content by BorisG

1. B

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I’ve just got the G5 and am finding it superb with my laptop. I can’t get it to work with my iPhone though (13 pro max) – the phone simply doesn’t recognize it. I thought it was supposed to work without problems, as it doesn’t draw power from the phone? Has anyone managed to make it work with...
  2. B

Thoughts on Bluetooth adaptors for IEMs?

I could also get the upcoming AirPods Pro 2 (I’m an Apple guy ) – but I love my in-ears a lot (Campfire Andromeda 2020), and I doubt the sound quality would be as good, even taking the Bluetooth compression into consideration.
  3. B

Thoughts on Bluetooth adaptors for IEMs?

Hi, wasn’t sure which forum to post this in… Have any of the members had any experience with any of these, by any chance: iBasso CF01 Shure RMCE-TW2 FiiO utws5 These can all be attached to any IEMs, transforming them into Bluetooth earphones. I found reviews of all three on various websites...
  4. B

Portable Bluetooth speaker?

Thank you all very much for your replies! But perhaps I didn’t specify the question enough - fidelity / neutrality is an absolute must for me. I don’t necessarily need a big sound / long battery life / waterproof build, but I do need it to be neutral (no boosted bass, in particular, which...
  5. B

Portable Bluetooth speaker?

Good day! A question to the knowledgeable community of speaker lovers :) - are there any good portable Bluetooth speakers you could recommend? Only requirement is neutral-ish sound. Thanks in advance!
  6. B

Recommendation for an inexpensive speakers amp

Works wonderfully, no complaints at all. I don’t think we’re pushing it anywhere near its limits.
  7. B

Well, too late now! :D WXA-50 is ordered and in the post. Many thanks to everybody for your advice! I’ll post impressions in a couple of days.
  8. B

Erm, should I have hangups about using a Class D amp?
  9. B

After looking at these two models, one other question - what do you think to the WXA-50 as an alternative to the R-N803? It’s almost half the price.
  10. B

Thanks for all replies! We only need a stereo amp, not an AVR. The speakers we have are Marantz HD-250, and we’re not looking to replace them right now (though some degree of future-proofing would of course be good). Will take a look at the Yamaha R-N803 and Cambridge Audio CXA61.
  11. B

Good day! Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I first wanted to thank you for the very helpful information I gleaned from the reviews and discussions. Thanks to you I discovered Topping, and the frankly amazing 9038s, which has been my daily headphone driver since. In this post I wanted...
Top Bottom