Recent content by BoredErica

1. BoredErica

New Amp to Replace Topping Pa5

PA5 II Plus has arrived. On cursory inspection, the unit is not DOA. So now there are two things on to-do list: -Sell old PA5 and that includes figuring out shipping -Either sell PA5 II Plus or keep it. Well, it's not the best ending at least it's not the worst possible one. I still have 3 amps...
  2. BoredErica

Finally some good news: Topping support evaluated my new evidence of pa5 defect and again agreed that it was defective. Since I never had a previous pa5 warranty action, they are sending pa5 II Plus and without me sending the PA5 in for repair/closer inspection. It'll take maybe a month to get...
  3. BoredErica

OK. So I used the PA5 again. It's been 2 weeks. Just now I heard a loud POP and now the right channel is now significantly quieter than the left. Like a year ago, one channel dies way sooner than the other. Thankfully my speakers don't seem permanently damaged. Functional devices are...
  4. BoredErica

How about you leave my thread and take your insulting BS with you? Was I having hysteria when noises started coming up, then loud popping noises started appearing, and then the channel died, while nothing changed with the setup? I sold my HD800 to pay for a replacement amp. I was also near first...
  5. BoredErica

I'm more than willing to pay for the postage. The fact that the pa5 is suddenly working on the broken channel again on reinstall is very troubling. With the way things have been going in this saga, I wouldn't be surprised if the channel dies again right outside of the warranty window. I'm going...
  6. BoredErica

I contacted Topping. They were on holiday and finally back. Said if I can show the pa5 is broken (again), that I can get pa5 II provided I never had previous warranty action (I haven't). There are 2 issues here: 1. According to them, my email provider is blocking their email (gmail). So I sent...
  7. BoredErica

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Is Topping willing to replace Pa5 w/ PA5 II or is that not possible? Topping support has issues sending email to my gmail address so I will try another email service provider.
  8. BoredErica

THREAD DELETED

I'm confused. Isn't 8030c rated for 5dbA at 1m yet there are quite a few people complaining about the noise? If it's at all comparable, 15dba sounds like a total nighmare.
  9. BoredErica

New Topping PA5 MKII in the works

OK 3 things. 1. Offering refunds? Not what I was told by support. Plus my last email never got responded to. 2. Refund until pa5 is is launched? It has now so no refunds. 3. At very least, replacing pa5 with pa5 ii for those with broken pa5 seems in order. Topping can say whatever they want...
  10. BoredErica

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

So it's possible for ground loop isolators to cause performance issues. Could same be for DC offset blocker? Different product for different situation but I wonder. EG my iFi SilentPower DC Blocker.
  11. BoredErica

When did you last listen to live music

Last time I stumbled upon live music was a band playing in Vegas years ago. It was ludicrously loud as I imagine concerts often are. I far prefer listening to music via my speakers, and alone rather than in a large crowd.
  12. BoredErica

More nonsense on Agon

I'm not sure I believe people who ask 'do you even listen to music?' are actually unsure if I/others actually listen to music. I find it hard to believe they think we just look at charts and... when we're done, we just put the music away permenantly? Or it never ends and we're constantly looking...
  13. BoredErica

PA5 - best amp ever?

The amp design was flawed, John Yang's idea of just putting less stuff under the pot doesn't instill confidence, neither did the pot ever accomplish anything. Topping support said they will take special action for those whose fixed unit failed again, but no such thing happened. What is the point...
  14. BoredErica

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

I also find that differences between two already decent speakers tend to be very, very small. So most of decision goes to things like... price, aesthetics, size, loudness. :^) Maybe very large differences in dispersion width I will pick up on. On another note, what happened to the calculated...
Top Bottom