Recent content by BobPM

1. B

Moondrop May USB-C Headphones Review

Never experienced a godless IEM - "atheistic." I assume he meant "aesthetic."
  2. B

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

The Salt Lick Barbeque down the street from my home in Driftwood, Texas: And Chapel Dulcinea in the Hill Country around Driftwood:
  3. B

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

I apologize for coming off a little strong. I certainly wish that one of the audiophile loving streaming services would create a test section to facilitate outside testing. The effort you donate to the community is one of the best developments for our hobby in the last 10 years and we are all...
  4. B

So basically you diss streamers for not being a Roon endpoint just because you don't have a way to test them (see Wiim review). As discussed above the push / pull claim doesn't seem fair since an endpoint just offloads the pull function to another computer making it a much more complex system...
  5. B

And how does this pull / push approach really work? In your push model, some part of the system is still having to "pull" the data off the tidal or other music service system. In Roon it's the Roon server. How is it an improvement to push the data to another computer instead of buffering it...
  6. B

With all due respect, this "preference" for push streamers is peculiar and makes your streamer reviews only partial and useful to only a niche audience. The idea of a push streamer is essentially relegating the device to a thin client model getting data off of some other computer that is...
  7. B

Gustard A26 DAC & Streamer Review

Not trying to be difficult, but I would really like to know how the A26 functions as a streamer? I think of a Roon endpoint as a thin client for another computer that is running the retrieval programs and software. It would not function without the additional computer. My question is can you...
  8. B

The interface is really what a streamer is about and Amir never reviews that aspect of these devices. Indeed, I am not sure in what way the "streamer" functionality and quality was discussed at all in the review. A streamer is a computer that can independently run software to retrieve music...
  9. B

The product website says "Roon, UPnP and HQPlayer NAA are supported at present." Is the A26 really what would be called a stand alone streamer? Can it access any or the major music services on its own or do you need a computer running Roon for it to work? Internet Radio stations? I believe...
  10. B

Do you own an A26? I had a node (original) playing through a Schiit Modious (113 Sinad) and it was great. The older node bricked and wouldn't update, so I replaced it with a Wiim Pro, also good. If you play the node through any one of the cheaper higher performing DACs on the ASR chart, I...
  11. B

Why are there no decent DACs with HDMI in. Is it just the cost for the license? I might be willing to pay more to have a state of the art DAC decode the sound from the HDMI stream. p.s., Thanks for the screen shots of the OS shown above. A streamer is primarily about the software and I have...
  12. B

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Really appreciate that you took the time to look at the software as opposed to only complaining that it is not a ROON endpoint, see Amir's review of the mini. I purchased the Wim Pro to replace a 1st gen node that bricked on my during a software upgrade. I use optical out to a Schiit Modius...
  13. B

WiiM Pro Streamer

Thanks. I never noticed the part of the screen that shows bitrate. I have always avoided using MQA as I feel it changes the sound.
  14. B

WiiM Pro Streamer

Received my Wiim Pro about a week ago and so far is seems fairly solid. I am coming from an older Bluesound Node the bricked on me. Overall, the experience is fairly similar, but I do have a couple of questions. (p.s., I am using the optical into a Schiit Modius DAC) 1. Does anyone know the...
  15. B

Dayton Audio WBA31 Streamer Review

Amir sees every streamer as a ROON endpoint which is like evaluating a Windows PC and failing it because it can't run the Apple OS. A streamer is primarily a computer with a software interface. They should be evaluated on the quality of the software being run, followed by the quality of the...
Top Bottom