Recent content by blodsbror

1. B

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

Amazing. If it only came with an internal PSU, then I would throw my money at this. Aesthetics are important. Would happily accept slightly lower SINAD ..
  2. B

How the heck does Devialet do it?

All phantoms across the range are now Roon Ready, and software has been greatly improved. In addition, the Devialet Arch has been released - that lets you wirelessly add analogue (inc turntables) or digital sources. Everything is of course digitised, so analogue purists need not apply
  3. B

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

Let me rephrase. Do the same outputs on the H120 exhibit the same design issues (or intentional design choices) as the H95, that has been discussed in this thread?
  4. B

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

For those in the know: Do the same outputs on the H120/390 behave in the same way as the H95 ?
  5. B

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

@enricoclaudio I was just wondering two things about it's functionality: 1. Does it support automatic input switching, when audio is played via optical/coax/USB etc ? 2. In regards to Spotify connect - if the volume on the unit is set to a particular level (lets just say 30%), and a spotify...
  6. B

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

It's far worse than the claims made by the cosmetics industry, and I would never imagine my wife would buy a mascara for $200 bucks, that gives "500% more sexiness".
  7. B

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Please @JohnYang1997 - transfer this amplifier technology over to something larger, with balanced inputs, a remote, internal power supply and double the power, and you'll have my money in an instant :)
  8. B

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Am just very curious. What's your general thought on MQA ?
  9. B

Best topping preamp for driving power amp.

Thanks @JohnYang1997. Would there be any advantages in having a purely analog preamp (such as the PRE90) vs the D90se ?
  10. B

Vera Audio Class-D Amp Build Quality

Love that it comes in silver!
  11. B

Best topping preamp for driving power amp.

Hi! I'm a big fan of Topping (performance, and aesthetics). So I'm looking for the best combined DAC/Preamp for driving a power amp (haven't decided which one yet). Any ideas on which device would suit this use case best ?. Note: I see that the D90SE supports 5v out. Perhaps that makes it ideal...
  12. B

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I'm looking at purchasing the D30 Pro, and just had a question about functionality. I will be running optical out from the TV into the DAC, which will be in pre-amp mode. Is there any possibility for auto input switching ? Let's say, the USB input was active, but then inactive for a few minutes...
  13. B

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

How do these speakers scale with higher quality amplification and/or more power ?. Is there a relatively low point of diminishing returns ?
  14. B

March Audio P502 Stereo Amplifier Measurements

Makes sense. Although, if i run a traditional "total cost of ownership", through my brain, something like the 502 comes out very much on top, taking all things into consideration :).
  15. B

March Audio P502 Stereo Amplifier Measurements

Thanks for all the insight and comments. I've learnt some things :)
Top Bottom