Recent content by Bliman

1. B

Help with my room and ringing (is this ringing????)

Would it be possible to measure one speaker indoors (much less background noise) and try to shield it from above and the sides (a bit off from the speaker) with something absorbent so the room is more out of the equation and then measure from a meter away? And then measure around 83dB or so (and...
  2. B

It seems the problem is not coming from the speaker itself. What I would do is try to do what I said with the cushions to see if it makes a difference. Is it with the Denon you are eq? And do you watch films by the computer and watch on the TV? One thing I do know if you find it thin then it...
  3. B

What you can also try is to take one speaker set it up in the middle of the room and try to shield it from its surroundings as best as possible. By shielding it with for example blankets on either side and above it so the measurement isn't hindered by the surroundings. And then take a...
  4. B

Did you also played the sine waves at the problematic frequencies with REW? Can you tell what your biggest problems are?
  5. B

Rockwool and breathing and alternative or help

Am I correct in saying these alternatives don't differ much in how they perform? At another forum I also found this as a good alternative and maybe even better and cheaper according to the forum https://www.someacustica.com/products/artnovion-foamart-agl/ But I don't see anyone selling this...
  6. B

No I haven't bought from there yet.
  7. B

Your welcome. Keep us posted. What you also can do is take your problem areas in your waterfall plot (60Hz and such). And start REW and play a sine wave at these specific frequencies like 60 Hz and at such a level where you most of the time have the problem with, let's say 85dB if you are...
  8. B

Hi, First, great videos you posted and I hope you get a lot of help. Maybe look here for room modes and you can calculate and see if it correlates with the problems in the waterfall plot https://amcoustics.com/tools/amroc?l=20&w=15&h=9&ft=true&re=EBU%20listening%20room What I also would do is...
  9. B

Thank you very much. And how did you find the service? Did you also work with Caruso and if yes what did you find? If others have comparisons between the two that would be great.
  10. B

Oh I see you are from Brussels. Where did you buy the Basotect if I may ask?
  11. B

Thanks for all the help. It seems like it goes between Basotect and Caruso ISO BOND. It seems like Caruso is more expensive and a little bit more absorbent in the low frequencies. It seems like the thickness has to be the same for both and also compared to Rockwool. Can someone say how both...
  12. B

Yeah I used it bare for a few months now. And for a few weeks I am getting trouble with my lungs. I now have got rid of it in my room because I don't trust it. I hope I don't have lasting damage (it is also my sleeping room) I thought it was safe. I really want to thank you for the suggestion...
  13. B

Hi all, I was testing to get rid of the first reflection points in my room. I also use Acourate to get everything right afterwards. I was testing how things changed where I put the rockwool https://www.hubo.be/nl/p/rockwool-rocksono-base-isolatieplaat-100x60x4-5-cm-r1-2-7-2ma/883072.html Now I...
  14. B

Some comments from Floyd Toole about room curve targets, room EQ and more

Thank you. It helped me and I shall certainly watch the video. I don't get why the curve stops at 30 Hz. I mean the loaded Harman curve because my measurement goes to 10 Hz to where I measured.
Top Bottom