Recent content by Bliman

1. B

Making a streamer with Intel Nuc/how

I am looking seriously to a Innuos (my power amplifier just came back but I haven't put together with the rest of the system) mini zen mk3. I like that it is plug and play and looks very simple to use. I find it curious that there are so little streamers out there. Yes we have the bluesound...
  2. B

Review and Measurements of Grace Design m900 DAC & Amp

I have an m902 and it is an excellent headphone amp. I have a RME ADI DAC that is used as dac and preamp but to my ears the m902 is better at everything with regards to headphones in comparison to the RME. Mind you I didn't test it blindly. But to me m902 is a reference headphone amplifier. I...
  3. B

Isn't the chip the heart of the DAC? And that is what I am saying the whole time that design and material are important too. It is hard for me to accept that all the companies that for example sell streamers and such are worse and at their best is the equivalent as a computer that wasn't built...
  4. B

I think the only thing I can do is try to arrange a blind listening test between two products. If I don't hear a difference then it would be easier for me to decide. If I can arrange it we have to see. I hate this hobby sometimes. From one side you have this site that promotes hardware that...
  5. B

The problem I am also having is. You see many measurements here. And that is great. And you see many use the same dac and such but different measurements. Those differences must come from somewhere. So where else would they come from then from the design and material used? That's why I think...
  6. B

Yeah I know. I have learned that from here ;). I shall ask him. It could be difficult I think because these products work differently I think.
  7. B

Thanks already for the answers. It is very difficult for me. Somebody else says yeah it is a standard cd drive with linear power supply and BillG says it doesn't really matter and computer is good enough. But take for example my RME ADI DAC, couldn't you say the same about that too. Couldn't you...
  8. B

Since my power amplifier went dead. I am getting it repaired by my audio dealer (who sent it to Lyngdorf). I talked to him that I wanted to build something to archive my cd's and also maybe stream spotify or such. So it would replace my cd player. So it has to be good. I talked about this site...
  9. B

I haven't put anything together yet. My power amplifier went poof and is still in repair and it was pretty costly. I thought of buying something else first but it has become to the forefront again. Many people are speaking about raspberry pi but that doesn't look easy for me. Sadly there are not...
  10. B

Thank you. Now they say they have a couple of filters for cleaning up the pc signals. But I have no need for that because it is not hooked to a pc.
  11. B

Thanks for your input. Do you have hard drive that is silent? And doesn't it have to index everything if you put something new on the hard drive? And is it fluent enough? And do you control it with your smartphone?
  12. B

Repair amplifier or buy new

My retailer said that he doesn't really trust Class D anymore. The reason he said that if something is wrong then most of the time it has to be replaced fully. Now that is a bit ironic because here everything will be replaced as well if I choose to repair it.
  13. B

Yesterday was the ultimate day I had to decide. And I have said to just let it come back broken. Today he said if he should ask if there is still some guarantee on it. I said that that would be great. I have also asked why the repair is so expensive and what parts would be replaced. I have now...
  14. B

The seller said he is not sure of the longevity of Class D amps. I thought I would go for a March Audio. Because I hear such great things about Hypex and Purify here. But it would be great if they last longer.
  15. B

Thank you for sharing it with me. Yeah, the case is very nice and looks great inside too. And is very heavy. 13kg.
Top Bottom