Recent content by bkdc

1. B

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Ears are different, but they are the best sounding most neutral speakers in the sub-500 dollar new category I’ve ever heard. Are they ruler flat? No. But quality drivers given the price point and sounds better than anything Polk puts out at 4 times the price. All the money was put into...
  2. B

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Amazing bang for the buck. 90dB SNR is plenty for my aging ears. Sleek almost Apple-like compact appearance for an all-in-one streamer/amp. WiiM software is also fantastic as the company has been highly responsive to user feedback. Sonos and Bluesound have been the leaders in audio...
  3. B

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

Yep. Stop chasing SINAD and measurements and focus on ergonomics and easy to use simple controls and display.
  4. B

KEF LSX II

Wish KEF would make a passive version. Consumer grade Active speakers break and passive speakers last decades except for blown drivers. If someone wants wireless a Sonos amp, Bluesound, WiiM amp or equivalent is just fine and far more flexible and probably more reliable
  5. B

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

The only part I’m turned off by is the wireless thing. I think KEF should make a non-powered version of this speaker. It looks fantastic.
  6. B

Headphone amplifier with miniDSP Flex?

I’m sold on the MiniDSP Flex but I’d also like to connect a headphone amp to the analog device. I can see the nuisance of having to adjust the DSP settings with a headphone amplifier, but has anyone on this forum made this pair work?
  7. B

SOLD: RME ADI-2 DAC FS - $720

Most people here are familiar with this DAC/headphone amplifier combo. No functional issues. The serial number ends with a "B" indicating the ESS DAC and not the older AK DAC. $720 shipped in the USA. If it doesn't sell here this week, I'll list it on eBay. It'll probably sell for higher...
  8. B

VMV D1se2 Stereo DAC Review

FYI, Topping sells an aftermarket CNC'ed remote if metal remotes are your thing. It's called the RC-22
  9. B

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

My parents had been insisting that I see Yunchan Lim’s Cliburn final Rach 3 for months. I finally viewed it on line. OMG I can’t wait to buy it on CD. The hyperbole and raves are justified. The greatest ever? Maybe. You can tell the conductor Marin Alsop is having a good time and convinced...
  10. B

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Very lovely recital. I believe it's the best selling among the Naxos Laurate series along with Kyuhee Park (known as fiend of the tremolo)
  11. B

The state of lossy audio in 2022.

My understanding is that aptX does increase the bluetooth latency. Not an issue when just listening to pure audio/music but annoying when you are watching a video. With drive space cheap, lossless storage is not an issue like it was when I recall paying 400 dollars for a 100 gigabyte hard...
  12. B

TOPPING DX5 Lite! Coming soon!

I’m always a fan of a balanced option. Boycott MQA!!! I would boycott Tidal if I could get a Qobuz option on my Tesla screen. JayZ does not need any more money.
  13. B

Best sounding closed-back headphone $500-$1,000 for a non-audiophile?

Wow... that's like taking a page out of Dr Dre Beats! LOL.
Top Bottom