Recent content by BigVU's

1. B

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Thankyou. going to give it a go. just didn't to waste too much time if it had already been tried with no success.
  2. B

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Searching the inter-webs for a definitive on something related to the Marantz AV8801. May be a silly question but hoping someone has an answer. I have the 8801 - it has 4 Ethernet ports - fantastic but I do not have an ethernet cable near and don't really want to run one. Is there any solutions...
  3. B

Suggestions for Intel Motherboard?

I certainly am not questioning your knowledge, ability to build a pc! lol that would be silly on my part! no no.. I think as you stated - power on and start testing. I don't know that any self build would provide any more reliable data from your testing. Again not sure what those demand or if...
  4. B

Eww Pre-built. I do understand your last comment though and if a quick self build is not in your realm at this point then yes, Costco takes all things back. :) Amirm said "The motherboard ID is strange but says it is 370 based. (board manufacture basic - some proprietary.) 370 older chip set...
  5. B

Sight Un-Heard

I just scared the pee out of myself. I finally got an itch to see what my set up could do when pushed. I thought for sure the cops were coming. 2112 in the raw. So clean so gripping! The reference had ability to go even higher but I reached my level of satisfaction and reassurance I was hoping...
  6. B

MSI Z390 ACE. Has better power phase distribution. 13 phases to help deliver power to that i5 or i7 or i9 Gen 9 CPU. I went with the i5 as I didn't really care about the multitasking. As work station you may want the i7. Over clocks on all chips very easily. From a cost/price this combo is...
  7. B

What is it about McIntosh?

Big VU's dancing does it for me.
  8. B

A millennial's rant on classical music

I think Rush is Classical. But hey that's just me. I would love to see a reproduction with only orchestra instruments of the 2112 album. I don't like all rock, pop, jazz, and classical for that matter. I do like them in many ways when they connect with me. Even a tenor opera section can strike...
  9. B

Golden Age of Japanese Audio

Yeah thanks, was looking at Step Up transformers to convert 100V - 120V. Wondering if anyone has experience that can share if it is a pain or nothing really to be concerned about.
  10. B

Golden Age of Japanese Audio

Anyone bought an amplifier from Japan on Ebay and can share their experience? Luxman/Accuphase?
  11. B

Poll: Do you use a subwoofer? (Explain why/why not)

Subs - may have the biggest impact on a system? Debatable maybe? throw a sub into any 2 channel set up and its night and day to me... whether at the computer, in the car or listening to tunes on the main system... and obviously HT arguably isn't HT with out one.
  12. B

Sight Un-Heard

So I got the Big VU's baby. This Hitachi 7500Mk2 is all that and a bag of chips. Wasn't expecting what I got and these bouncing needles are juicy. 30 year old amp still kicking - just wow! I am going to get another one and bridge these suckers for quad meters and 150W of yummy mosfet vintage ear...
  13. B

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

AKG's are great! I am still a Loudspeaker dude though. After listening to some jazz guitar or some ACDC, on the system, i get silly and race to the Marshall and get even goofier at obnoxious levels and overdrive the distortion to melted cheese... :)
  14. B

Great Interview with a Music Producer/Engineer

Great Topic! Audio is awesome! I vaguely remember those garage band days of past where we tried to nail every chord note and change. That was way more important. Then after hours of that we would go back and tweak things. track overlays, cut ins, retake a few things, add some reverb here or...
  15. B

Sight Un-Heard

Thank you Sir. So far I am noticing a few things. I am hearing more of the recording differences in channels. Recording with more bass or more treble etc.. Things that didn't stand as much prior. Super cool and at the same time a bit frustrating on some of the songs. Ha! Because I can play at a...
Top Bottom