Recent content by bidn

1. bidn

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Indeed, you are quite right. Dekoni provides measurements on their site for their pads with the FR curve of the original earpads on the same graph : there are some differences, but not much, and in any case the FR by Hifiman have some issues, the worse for me being the recession in the presence...
  2. bidn

I don't know much about services by other manufacturers for a nice reason: I own many headphones and in-ears from many other manufacturers, and except for the Audeze LCD-i4 in-ear I have never had something defective from these other manufacturers (my Audeze i4 had a defective driver right from...
  3. bidn

I agree with you that the price of the Susvara is a rip-off. And the more so when taking into account its very poor manufacturing quality. I remember that, when I was following the Susvara thread on Head-Fi years ago, I read about several persons reporting that the earpads of their Susvara had...
  4. bidn

Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2 Headphone Review

Brubaker, you are making very important points! I have the following personal evidence to share, to illustrate your points about the unacceptable quality of Hifiman materials. I purchased and still own these five Hifiman headphones (they came with protein, fake leather earpads) - HE6SE -...
  5. bidn

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

I fully agree with you, this so poorly performing (yet so expensive!!) headphone was clearly a no-go for me. I also think that this can be an excellent headphone for people like many of those subjectivists at Head-Fi who rate headphones depending: - on their price (the more expensive the...
  6. bidn

JPS LABS DIGITAL AC-X AC CORD Review

Thank you so much for taking time to debunk this very expensive fraud, Amir! So, now I am looking for the right meaning of the acronym "JPS". I am starting with the following: JPS = Junk Parasitic Swindle... or Junk Parasitic Snake-oil... (and specifically for the power cable: Junk Power...
  7. bidn

Monoprice DAC & Amp Dongle Review

Maybe a better name would have been: Monocrap?
  8. bidn

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

If a car has a maximum speed of 10 km/h (or 6 mph), a maximum autonomy of 20 km (12 miles) and so on for all its performance, do you need to test drive it to know it is a piece of utter junk? And in addition when that garbage car is twenty times more expensive than very well performing cars...?
  9. bidn

This PASS logo means: PA$$ me your big bucks, you audiophile sucker!
  10. bidn

Thank you so much, Amir, for debunking this expensive, heavy piece of ultimate junk. (BTW I hope your removal to another place is going fine). How should we decipher the HPA acronym of the present expensive scam? I suggest: Hoax and Pain in the Ass.
  11. bidn

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

If you could find the time to write numerous and lengthy posts here, and to publish videos, and Watts has time to be filmed and to write these days many posts at Head-Fi, some being lengthy, all of this to try defusing the debunking of the present expensive device, then you will certainly be...
  12. bidn

Thank you for the link and the paraphrase. What I understand is that such professional reviewers get most of their income from the companies paying them for positive reviews. When a bad product or a scam gets factually debunked, I understand that these companies will also pay professional...
  13. bidn

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

If you were truly an electrical Engineer working in audio, - Why did you spell the word algorithm many times, and each time, "algorythm" ?? Not only no engineer, but no person a bit technically knowledgeable would do that. - Why do you make so many technically wrong statements? ( I know you...
  14. bidn

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Thank you very much, Amir, for your excellent, much needed corrective work in the ocean corrupted by all the paid reviews, paid forums, and influencers who get these expensive devices for free (high resale value). This is the test I had been waiting for all the time!! I was always hoping for...
  15. bidn

I agree with those who said that Rob Watts lied when he stated that he hadn't read the review. Also he quite knowingly rehash a lot of bogus in that awful video. There was a discussion (I think it was in the Hugo 2 thread?) and a consensus coming down to two possibilities : 1. Either he is a a...
Top Bottom