Recent content by Batenxx

1. B

Warm, Dark and Bass heavy IEMs for Metal and Rock? (budget: max 50-70€/$)

Weird, the link leads to a missing item on Aliexpress. Every other google search as well. Seems somehow Aliexpress region locked this. lol
  2. B

Seal cannot be the issue as I not only tried all sizes, but also larger L-sized ones from another pair of older IEMs. I've tried some equalization, but merely comparing them to other IEMs and auto equalizing them to the other curves. I might try to get some impedance adapters for the Zero Reds...
  3. B

Preface: I've checked the Zero:2, Zero Red and Moondrop Chu II and all three sound too bright out of the box to me making them fatiguing to me. I'm searching for a more warm and dark sounding IEM with stronger bass preferably. I mostly listen to extreme metal (Black, Death, Thrash), some Rock...
  4. B

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

So I've been playing around with equalization, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to this subject matter. I need some advice. So on squig.link you can pick various target curves and then auto equalize your IEM towards that curve, right? I've picked one from a reviewer which seems to focus on...
  5. B

So other than the Zero Reds I've also tried my Moondrop Chu IIs on the BTR3K and noticed that they have more bass than the Zero Reds (with or without impedance adapter) on the device. Question: is there a comparison between Zero Red and Moondrop Chu 2?
  6. B

So my BTR3K arrived and much to my surprise the impedance on my laptop's 3.5mm jack seems to be even higher than with the Zero Red's impedance adapter. In other words: even with the impedance adapter on the BTRR3K the bass isn't nearly as strong as on my laptop's 3.5mm jack. Same for my old...
  7. B

It seems my ears are not made for IEMs, as I have sealing issues with every single IEM I've tried - any advice?

Sadly that makes the issue worse for me. Anything below the largest ones doesn't seal at all and they fall out. Which is also why I've always used the largest tips in the last 15 years using them. But with Chinese IEMs all tips are so tiny. Maybe I have elephant ear canals. lol
  8. B

It seems my ears are not made for IEMs, as I have sealing issues with every single IEM I've tried - any advice?

Preface: I've been using in ear headphones, mostly from established companies like Sony, Philips, Creative and whatnot for about 15 years, long before the term IEM was used. Never had any sealing issues. Recently the final pair of my trusty Philips SHE8500 broke and I decided to try out some...
  9. B

So I've noticed a strange behavior with my Zero Reds. Recently I've purchased a 5m AUX cable and noticed that the IEM has quite noticeably less bass when attached to the cable than when I plug it directly into my 3.5mm headphone jack on my laptop (the volume is the same). What is the reason for...
  10. B

Is the FiiO BTR3K worth it if you mainly use it on a Windows PC via Bluetooth?

Thanks. I was actually interested in the FiiO because it is also an amplifier. Doesn't it make this much of a difference on IEMs that the prolink adapter you posted would be a better option?
  11. B

Is the FiiO BTR3K worth it if you mainly use it on a Windows PC via Bluetooth?

I have my PC connected to my TV (movie watching, gaming) however I don't like to use a 10m AUX cable to get the sound to my IEMs. Question being: is this thing mainly aimed at using it on your phone to get the best sound quality/use the best codec? Does it use the best codec on a Windows PC as...
  12. B

Have the Truthear Hola been discontinued?

So after testing various IEMs (Truthear Zero Red, 7Hz Zero:2, Moondrop Chu 2), I still seem to find none that suits my tastes. I was searching for a darker and especially warmer sound with good bass (mostly for extreme Metal, Death and Black, and also Metal concert videos). So I found the...
  13. B

So the KZ AZ09 has 0.75 connectors, even the B-type? I wouldn't mind cutting away that plastic part, but of course if the pins are narrower it makes no sense.
  14. B

Has anyone tested them with the KZ AZ09 TWS Bluetooth Ear hook (https://kz-audio.com/kz-az09.html)? I know it comes with two variants, one has the type-B pins. But even those are supposedly too short and one needs to cut away some plastic. So I wonder if anyone has experience with this item.
Top Bottom