Recent content by Bassman999

1. B

Pre-amp DAC help

Thanks for the reply! Ill grab it for now and maybe change to something different later. This is to my 2 channel speakers, but Ill be using it in my bedroom surround sound after I get that worked out
  2. B

Pre-amp DAC help

I see the difference in impedance, what will it change?
  3. B

Pre-amp DAC help

Will this work? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Monitor1--behringer-monitor1-passive-stereo-monitor-and-volume-controller...
  4. B

Pre-amp DAC help

Im afraid IDK the difference in speaker level and line level. Is it the volume control range is limited in the niles? EDIT I see it has 60w max and a max 42db attenuation. My amp has way more output potential than 60 watts. I see the difference now The Pac is only RCA based, but maybe theres...
  5. B

Pre-amp DAC help

The E70 does have an analog volume knob on it, I need an additional safeguard beyond that? Are we talking something like a Niles SVL-1? I can get one of those really cheap
  6. B

Pre-amp DAC help

Ended up with a Topping E70 and a VTV NCx500 Have a few Speaker builds in the works, but till then Ill be running an old project off this setup. Silver Flute 6.5" 4 ohm and the Dayton RS29F-4 (the real ones)
  7. B

SMSL DO200 MKII vs DO300?

Yes I added the 12V trigger option! Not sure if I could hear the difference between the NORE, NCORE MP, and NCOREx I wanted the Purifi 7040SA, but I am not a rich person
  8. B

SMSL DO200 MKII vs DO300?

Ordered Topping E70 and VTV 2-channel Hypex NCx500. Excited for them to arrive! Ill be building another set of speakers too, it will be the first Time I build from a kit though. HIVI Swans 2.2A, Ill start with the stock crossover and decide if I need to tweak from there after break in and if I...
  9. B

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Channel Amp Review

Yeah I have 2 Denon AVRs and still plan to upgrade. First of all the 105 watts x7 Denon shows is with only 2 channels driven. They dont have nearly enough PSU to run them all close to that. Also 100 watts inst much, Id rather have 300+ watts and never need to use all of it, than worry about...
  10. B

Pre-amp DAC help

SMSL DO200 MKII vs Topping ES9028PRO? These are in my price range, the prior is on sale at Amazon
  11. B

Pre-amp DAC help

Thank you I remember people always saying the more components in the line the more introduced distortion. Maybe not as much of an issue with newer high end components tho. Cool! Might do that to save till I can get all the pieces
  12. B

Pre-amp DAC help

Will there be a lesser output potential from the DAC to amp compared to a real preamp? I dont know if there are gain differences or different output voltages that might not be the same. If I had a DAC and a pre-amp then where do I set DAC volume, and does that have higher potential volume, and...
  13. B

Pre-amp DAC help

I have used a Denon receiver for years. but now I am buying some nicer amp(s) and need a preamp. Suppose could just use the Denon as a preamp, but I feel that might lessen or defeat the benefit from the NCx500 amps? Anyway its confusing to me when looking at DACs and pre-amps. I have a very...
  14. B

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

Ads are not just annoying and a waste of time, usually play louder than the program and that pisses me off the most
  15. B

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

I have Youtube premium and Netflix 4k, both went up in price, Netflix 2x within a yr I believe. No patience for spam, so no FM radio in the last 15 or 20 yrs at all or me
Top Bottom