Avp1's latest activity

• A
    Nice, manufacturer does not offer repair service for their (high-end) product and refuses to supply service documentation for third...
  • A
    Avp1 replied to the thread ATC speakers / Monitors.
    Did you notice the amount of acoustic treatment in the Atmos mixing room shown in this video? This is a room more dead than anything...
  • A
    There are no more than a handful of them. Even less can do it with price below $100K where even the most expensive ATC speakers are.
  • A
    There is a technical limitation in reproduction. There are not many speakers capable to produce over 120dB of sound pressure. And even...
  • A
    I tried to listen both of these tracks. I do not use Tidal, but found them on Qobuz. There they only available at CD quality and thus...
  • A
    And this is your problem: shared listening space (living room) cannot be made suitable for critical listening by reasonable means. At...
  • A
    There are several things needed to properly reproduce high percussion like ride cymbals. 1. Speaker should not have resonance in tweeter...
  • A
    This seems to be a toolkit for analysis of drivers behavior and rather advanced one...
  • A
    Then real people hear Neumann then ATC and choose ATC, even if they cost almost twice as much. Technical reports are just a starting...
  • A
    Not exactly. In the studio on photo they turned mid-/twitter module upside-down too. This will alter the vertical pattern significantly...
  • A
    SCM150A is listed at $23000. Thus similar percent of price difference between brands. This all comes to preference - which sound do you...
  • A
    Genelec 1237 is roughly equivalent to ATC 50A. Genelecs are sold for almost $12000 and require another $1400 to use their calibration...
  • A
    Every time I go to audio show, it takes me less than a minute to decide if speakers playing in the room are not good for me or they are...
  • A
    85dB sound level is NOTHING for deep bass, this is whispering level. You need to look at at least 105dB of sound pressure (and...
  • A
    Speakers other than very big ones do not do well in bass range. Generally it is better to cross stand mount speakers at 80Hz and floor...
Top Bottom