Recent content by Aubergine

1. Aubergine

Wondering about pre amp clipping?

I didn't have to write to Nuprime weirdly enough it was posted on the box but not in the manual apparently its 6 volts output no wonder it was clipping considering 6 volts is also comfortably above balanced output which i believe is 4 volts? which is the standard in all professional audio...
  2. Aubergine

Thoughts on the NuPrime HPA-9

Here comes another post about the Nuprime 9 this time i took a more detailed look at the volume control how it performs across the range channel imbalance at lower gain how does it perform with more sensitive headphones versus harder to drive ones There are " only " two gain settings low and...
  3. Aubergine

So if my dac.. my source... has enough output to feed my speakers i dont really need to use a pre amp is that correct? i could just use the volume control on my speakers or on my amplifier instead and they will perform the same?
  4. Aubergine

Could an active pre amp color the sound in any way compared to lets say a passive pre amp or just plugging a dac straight into my speakers?
  5. Aubergine

Thanks! i will check it out :) i will also email nuprime and ask them about how much gain the preamp is using see if they respond
  6. Aubergine

NuPrime HPA-9 right now i use the aune x8s it says on their website rca output 2.0 volts so i doubt im somehow running to much gain into my pre amp It dont say if it is an active or passive preamp in the manual and no information about how much gain is output sadly and changing the headphone...
  7. Aubergine

First time user of a pre amp here with a couple questions mainly that i believe i can clip my pre amp i didn't even know this was possible Aint a pre amp suppose to output a maximum of 2 volts if its unbalanced? :rolleyes: So how can it clip then? I would say i can use about 70 percent max of...
  8. Aubergine

Beyerdynamics 880s Beyerdynamics 990s Sennhesier 598 Shure 840s Sony 7506 just to name a few :) no in ears! not my thing mostly because i am quite careful about my hearing and i dont feel comfortable using them..
  9. Aubergine

I would be disappointed if the 9 sounded just like the x7s depending on my mood i can now listen to music in two completely different ways and i do listen to a lot of classical music as well and i cant think of any better way than to listen to that on my Nuprime :) It is amazing how much detail...
  10. Aubergine

After now having listened extensively to the nuprime 9 i thought i would update some of my thoughts First i want to mention a bug bear of mine with the nuprime which made me think i might had somehow broken if you change the volume from the front holding it.. it will scratch with the metal at...
  11. Aubergine

Wondering about purchasing a hybrid amplifier

Haha yess electronic toothbrushes rule!
  12. Aubergine

I bought an ir thermometer to check on my Aune x7s and my Nuprime hpa 9 and wanted to check if these temperatures are considered safe normal? Room temperature is at 25 C The aune x7s peaks at 36 degrees The nuprime hpa 9 peaks at 42 degrees Found good photo of the nuprime hpa 9 online i have...
  13. Aubergine

Can you point out were i have said that there are vast differences in sound between different electronics? You hijack my thread and proceed to attempt to put words into my mouth and then you run away This is a direct quote from the review i posted on here which you obviously haven't read "...
  14. Aubergine

Ahaha it sounds like any other amp ;) i will play though here are some impressions trying to avoid as much " audiophile" lingo as possible The hpa9 sounds more spacious according to me the sound goes outside of the ear cups while on my Aune x7s the sound stays inside them much better feeling...
Top Bottom