Recent content by artshotwell

1. A

Newbie here: looking for inexpensive DAP

Yes, I removed the SIM card first thing. It seems to lose more juice when it’s not streaming. Like over night.
  2. A

Most of my listening is in the living room and your flow would not work well there.
  3. A

I have been using the LG Rebel 4 with my HP and streaming music services ( during trials). But, the better drain when not using it seems severe. I’m wondering if anyone has tried turning off services. And if so, which ones?
  4. A

I notice the battery level drops fairly fast... It went from 100 to 83% overnight and I wasn't using it. I'm still working on turning off services that I don't need, so I may be able to improve that.
  5. A

Thanks... I also have Beats Solo 3. But, don’t really like the sound. Too much bass.
  6. A

I am using the LG Rebel4 and it seems to work fine with my Sennheiser HPs. Getting good sound quality. The headphones are now the weak link. After looking at better headphones, I'll look at a DAC, I guess. I've read your note here and I think I see a couple of options that are affordable. I'm...
  7. A

I can’t even figure out how to put the apps I want on the Home Screen and remove the others. I’ll check out developer options. Not sure I need ’em, tho.
  8. A

I received the LG Rebel phone today. It’s a learning curve when it comes to putting all the apps I use on the home page. I have uninstalled a few crap apps. I’ll learn this thing. Using AmazonMusicHD, I see music listed at 24-bit/96khz plays at 24/48. Same as it does on my iphone Xr. Gives me...
  9. A

So, my Sennheiser hp has a four wire plug going into the headset, but a three wire connector at the other end. which fits the Apple dongle on my iPhone. Sennheiser‘s specs don’t mention balanced nor, for that matter, impedence. I’ll check the site you mentioned next.
  10. A

I just looked up your kit. It al looks good. But... What's a 'balanced HP cable?' For headphones? In college 50 years ago, I learned at our campus radio station that broadcasters use balanced lines and XLR connectors. Didn't get much further. But, worked in radio as a reporter for 30 years. What...
  11. A

I think I will try the LG $30 phone. Thanks for the suggestion.
  12. A

Hmmm new terms to me. New things to look for in a player. streaming AmazonMusicHD I see, for some of their UltraHD designated songs I get 24-bit/44.1kHz as original, device capability, and currently playing at. Some higher rates either default to this or to 16-bit/44.1. On my iPhoneXR. How can...
  13. A

I see lots of Chinese DAPs & DACs at high prices. how does a $30 LG Android phone line up with players like the Cowon I just looked at. I also found a $200 hiby r3 https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r3.
  14. A

Right you are. No headphone jack. Using a dongle with a 3.5mm jack. edit... the headphone cable has 3.5mm plug with 3 connections on one end and 2.5mm plug with 4 connections for the headphones. What’s the diff?
Top Bottom