Recent content by aquavit

1. A

Starting with turntables

I bought a Denon DP-400 semi-auto TT and upgraded the cartridge, connected to a Rega iO and a pair of Q Acoustics 3010i. It's good enough for me and the source material, given the quality of the rest of my system and the small room it sits in and would likely be all the OP needs. I listen to...
  2. A

Room measured, how best to proceed with EQ?

This is where I'm out now, I've concentrated on sub integration using the miniDSP tutorial, crossover set at 100Hz *DALI recommend 90Hz for these speakers but my ears preferred 100), 1/2db decrease on R speaker to adjust off-axis listening position: I'm really pleased with the difference...
  3. A

Here's a better graph of the sub measurement taken this morning, uncorrected no smoothing: FR according to DALI: Oberon 1 51-26,000. Sub E-9F 37-200 Edit to add, when doing a measurement this morning with the volume too hight the windows were rattling. Do I need more bass than this??
  4. A

Thank you Keith, a very comprehensive reply and a lot to unpack! To cover a few of your points, there is no way I will be moving furniture to and fro every time I want to listen to music, this is a house to live in and the reproduction of music comes secondary to that. Now, if I had a dedicated...
  5. A

I hear what you're saying but, for better or worse, the room layout is fixed. Here is some info on Oberon 1 https://www.i-fidelity.net/testberichte/hifi/dali-oberon-1/seite-5.html
  6. A

LH does look suspicious, I wonder if my error in moving mic around - I may redo them to double check. As my listening position is off-axis it places me nearer the RH speaker and I compensate by adjusting the balance on the amp. For the test I centered the balance control. Listening position is...
  7. A

Thanks Zolalll, let me digest that before moving move forward. For reference the sub is already located to the right of the RH speaker, speakers are equidistant from side walls. This photo may help:
  8. A

Ok, this is what I have - taken from my listening position which is off axis and grills removed. First individual speakers no sub, Var smoothed and average: Next is mains plus subwoofer, crossover on the sub amp set to 90Hz, volume on the sub around halfway: And this is the mains +...
  9. A

Thank you for the replies! I have gone down the route of trying to optimise the sub first of all, there seems to be conflicting opinions on this - some say to do this and others say just optimise the mains/complete setup. Two subs may be problematic (WAF and limited space) as is location of...
  10. A

Room measured in REW, how best to proceed?

Hello! After lurking on here for a while and absorbing as much information as possible, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Umik-1 mic and miniDSP 2x4HD in an effort to optimise my sound. I've followed the clear and straightforward guidance presented in this video to get this far. However...
  11. A

Hello! After lurking for a while and trying to absorb as much information as possible I finally bit the bullet, bought a Umik 1 mic and a miniDSP 2x4HD in preparation for improving my sound. I've got myself to the stage of having measured my room and am ready to apply EQ for uploading to the...
Top Bottom