Recent content by apharma

1. A

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Considering most of these products are not going to be plugged in and out very often compared to phones and other devices mandated by the EU to use usb-c I don’t think the strength argument has much merit. We have seen products from S.M.S.L. with usb-c, their latest flagship and the SU-6 but...
  2. A

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

While I can applaud the boundaries of SINAD and affordability being pushed it would be nice if Topping, SMSL and many others would join us in 2023 where usb-c is not only common but set to become a legal standard in 2 years for some of us.
  3. A

Powernode (2021) vs H/K Citation vs Sonos Amp vs NAD D 3045

I found that the fan was kicking in after 30-60 mins in a well ventilated environment on a mesh bottom stand and this was at 10% volume so not exactly pushing it. As PeterOo says, if it’s been refurbished it’s likely had someone fix and test it so you could have a properly fitted heat sink and...
  4. A

Audio technica r70x clicking when bass

I had weird clicking and stuff with my old AD700s and it was a hair on the speaker, had to remove the ear pads which was a bit of a pain but it’s the first thing that springs to mind when people have weird sounds on headphones.
  5. A

It should do, it’s 200W per channel at 4ohms so even at 8ohms you’re looking at more power than you would reasonably use for anything that isn’t a very large room. Just read through this thread about it’s shortcomings, it’s very nice but was not for me personally due to the fan.
  6. A

Hifiman Edition xs: different measurements, different reviewers

It's subjective if we're talking about opinions on bass light or heavy and will depend on genre of music. I listen to rock, EDM, metal and a little bit of popular music but I also like the sound of the Harman curve, if that is your reference for a good sound then these will be bass light for...
  7. A

Hifiman Edition xs: different measurements, different reviewers

I just got mine and while they are bass light if you're going for the Harman target the fairly linear bass response all the way down in the sub bass is without comparison in this price bracket for open back headphones. For many people that might not be "bass heads" as I was called these are...
  8. A

Thanks, after I sent a video of how loud the fan was to H&K they said it was louder than expected and I returned the amp for a refund. I have a feeling it is as you say lacking engineering quality not just in the parts used but also design engineering. I have a very powerful computer that is...
  9. A

Best true wireless? (or value IEM)

Not sure on what the rules are on necro threads but I can see some talk about the wf-1000XM4 and tips. For me the Sony tips are in a world of their own being a hybrid silicon covered memory foam. I have small canals so the small size is exactly what I need. If you wear them out you can contact...
  10. A

I just got the H&K citation amp from eBay for a really good price, it sounds really good and certainly seems to make the bass more noticeable (without boosting the bass) through my diamond 9.1 speakers, I am loving the sound I get from it. I believe this may be down to my old amp either not...
Top Bottom