Recent content by anphex

1. anphex

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

God, I love progress. But is the EQ directly written into the DSP or is it just a software EQ? If it's just software, it's basically eAPO with extra steps.
  2. anphex

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Ooooh I always thought Step Response == Impulse Response. So Step Response is full spectrum and Impulse is infinitely high frequent signal in theory? That it all makes far more sense. Thank you.
  3. anphex

Okay, please bear with me, and correct me. From what I see, my hunch is that the impulse get's not clearly routed to the tweeter as it should and also ends up on the mid or even sub woofer, thus the messy first part where it's like two bounces, the second shortly after the first one. As for...
  4. anphex

Doesn't the step response look pretty messy? Looks like timing misalignment and bad damping/too high cutoff of the mid range. Just a hunch though.
  5. anphex

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

I am wondering, the ONES series came out about 7,5 years ago. This makes me worry a bit about outdated tech, even though the performance still speaks volumes. Did Genelec update some internals at some point without making a big announcement? Would be reassuring to hear that Genelec may have...
  6. anphex

I now only got a a read on this review. Just look at this clean waterfall and frequency response. It's astounding how Revel achieves this with a passive design at this price range. Their larger speakers sure must be a marvel.
  7. anphex

You might be interested in a pretty 3-way black bookshelf speaker review that's coming up in few weeks ;)
  8. anphex

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

IMHO this thread has become a echo chamber. Every "funny" remark reads the same about now and the consensus is "Provide the data or leave, Tekton". I suggest the moderators and admin to at least temporary lock this thread for a few hours/days because now there's just more oil into the fire from...
  9. anphex

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET or something else? [suggestion]

If you are looking at good long term value, grab the S600NCX from Audiophonics. https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-amplifiers/audiophonics-lpa-s600ncx-power-amplifier-class-d-ncore-ncx500-2x600w-4-ohm-p-17966.html
  10. anphex

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

wtf put it back. Just kidding. Looks completely different than the parts I am used to seeing in Hypex/Purifi, doesn't mean that it's bad though and the system performance proofs that any distortion it might have is well below measuring/hearing threshold. I am arguing with myself wether I'll...
  11. anphex

I would not pour more fire into the flames. It's like the pitchforks are out. Just don't give this whole story your energy, it's just getting out of scale like this. Everyone please calm down.
  12. anphex

I would also chip in. But isn't this a totally clear-cut case anyway? Erin would just have to explain that his measurements are objective and neutral and that everyone has the right to read/publish such things as long as they are not accompanied by subjective defamatory opinions. I've never seen...
  13. anphex

What's your greatest/best most practical Idea/invention in your life (so far anyway)

I wired my PC to my living room TV through the wall and I am playing with wirelessly my PS5 or XBOX controller. It's the ultimate silent solution and I get to enjoy my PCs performance on my couch on a 77" LG OLED tv in 4k 120FPS and surround system. It's not even an invention, just a small...
  14. anphex

Pads to reduce vibration

@amirm See! Told you there is heavy interest in this topic! You know what to do :D.
  15. anphex

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

Who still gave this a "not terrible", please explain why. I see no excuse at this price point for putting in a little more effort. There a sub 100 € headphones that perform better.
Top Bottom