Recent content by American Pie

1. American Pie

Foobar preferences

Hi musimath, When using Wasapi shared, Windows takes control and will resample anything you play to ONE fixed sample rate you selected in the Audio Settings before it is sent to the dac. When using Wasapi push, the sample rate will remain 192000kHz and will be sent as is to your dac, and if your...
  2. American Pie

Solar installations ruining sound?

Hi. Is it possible solar installations injecting power are ruining the sound of my stereo? I notice the sound is way better at night. Is this something that has been measured before? (The influence of DC to AC converters injecting power)?
  3. American Pie

performance of tri-amp vs stereo amp + mono amp

Don't understand why I would need an EQ. The sound is perfect through the Denon - in direct mode so without any EQ. Its that class D amp causing the harsh treble. But I'll try again with another brand later... Maybe a NAD M32.
  4. American Pie

Its actually a hybrid volume control. Partially digital + analog. (See asr review) But anyway, even matrix + this triple class D amp were a disappointment. The bass was excellent but treble was harsh. If I can save some money I might try the stereo version, maybe with the Sparkos input buffer...
  5. American Pie

You just proposed to try using the volume control of the Matrix i.e. use the Matrix as a pre amp. I did. Btw the Denon x3500h was tested on asr and its dac was bad but amp stage was very good. So why would there be a huge improvement with another preamp? It sounded excellent without the...
  6. American Pie

I tried this (matrix as pre amp directly connected to the hpa-t400et) but it still sounded harsh. And in the mean time I found out a lot of class D amps have issues with reproducing treble. I think they are just so "perfect" that imperfect recordings sound bad. (Not forgiving enough.)
  7. American Pie

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

True, did the test myself. You can truncate a 24bit one to 16bits by leaving out every 3rd byte and it will still play, because mqa is actually pcm reduced to 15bit max + 1 bit signal + 8 bits lossy compressed inaudible freqs. (Still wondering why some prefer 15bits over 24bits btw). Anyway you...
  8. American Pie

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

Let's do a test. While I'm not a fan of mqa - I avoid it as much as possible - mqa is great for doing this test. Play an mqa through a 2 500 $ streamer, the mqa dac will display the logo. Play it through a 100 $ streamer, the dac will still display the logo. Both examples show the bits that...
  9. American Pie

Okay, so the AudioPhonics HPA-T400ET arrived 3 days ago. I hooked it up to my Denon AVR X3500H L+R pre-outs and to my 20y old Focal Electra 926s. (the extra channel is for driving a center channel when watching tv, but I didn't care for now) As source I used my Matrix Element X connected to...
  10. American Pie

Hi, first post here. This is mentioned in the description of the stereo model : But then, in the reviews section I found this : The tri amp model has 3 separate interface boards. I ordered a tri amp, as it was the only one left (no stereo amps available for the moment), not sure if that was...
Top Bottom