Recent content by amarsicola

1. amarsicola

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

All this story seems to me as a turning point to create an AudioScienceReview Foundation to support independent reviewers. E.g. when funds will be raised, if by chance Tekton does not proceed with legal actions against Erin, the foundation will own such a fund. At that point that money will be a...
  2. amarsicola

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Ready to fund Erin and defend freedom of speech. Which is the place chosen for fundraising? GoFundMe? Waiting for practical instructions from @amirm
  3. amarsicola

Qobuz - Moode integration from Android and Windows Apps ?

You can also try Volumio on raspberry pi. Qobuz integration is better than Upnp as far as i remember (did some experiments few years ago) and you have Fusiondsp. Unfortunately it requires a small subscription (around 60€/year). Try and see
  4. amarsicola

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

1 what is ASR and who pays for it 2 what is hi fi? 3 how to educate my hearing 4 a good loudspeaker 5 a good amplifier 5.1 do i need a preamplifier? 6 a good dac 7 a good streamer 8 cables 9 the world of vinil 10 room correction 11 what should i buy 12 power conditioner and other snake oil stuff
  5. amarsicola

WiiM Ultra

Following you, unfortunately the Audiophiles on budget will pay for features they do not use. It would be much better for them if wiim added USB out to the wiim mini...
  6. amarsicola

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

recommendation from Jimster makes a lot of sense in general, but D70S specifically has a not-so-perfect jitter performance when fed by spdif or toslink, i'd prefer a streamer with USB output. I would go for Raspberry Pi 4 (60€ + case) and Volumio with either Tidal or Qobuz. As far as i know...
  7. amarsicola

WiiM Amp discussion

Same opinion. If they had a streamer with usb out I would replace my Rpi running Volumio, which is also requiring a subscription to access Qobuz streaming, and user experience is basic. Unfortunately my dac has some jitter imperfections on toslink otherwise I would be happy and done with Wiim...
  8. amarsicola

WiiM Amp discussion

@morillon you are right, tests are showing the same issues seen in other implementations of the same chip, so they seem reliable. Good (but not excellent) sinad is reported and a heavily load-dependent frequency response which is a no-way showstopper for me. Frequency response is the base, sinad...
  9. amarsicola

Thomann/Swissonic A306 - Review & Measurements by Erin

They are also much prettier, which is not something to ignore.
  10. amarsicola

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Great product! Is this the best desktop streamer so far? Having a max output voltage configurable to 1V lets you use it with a Hypex NCxxMP power amp with no fears. This is a plus over any topping/smsl dacs so far. I'd love to have it with xlr...
  11. amarsicola

Why do passive speakers still exist?

I have not found any floorstanding active loudspeaker with a good preference score (e.g. above 5.5) below 5k€ per pair, do you know any?
  12. amarsicola

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Class D Purifi amp

I am using a Topping D70S directly connected to the Audiophonics in bypass mode. I read the Topping has an output impedance of around 200 ohms, so quite lower that the input impedance of the amp. I have never compared the sound with or without the buffer, but i have read around that if the input...
  13. amarsicola

Streamer with USB output options (Qobuz only)

I was in the same doubt as you a couple of years ago, then i took a breath and went into the raspberry hole. 60 euros and 15 minutes later i was done with no regrets. Also consider that Volumio has a parametric equalizer for room correction. The money you save can be spent in a Umik microphone...
  14. amarsicola

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

I wouldn't. You can check also the Audiophonics implementation with more or less the same input gain settings and a bit lower price.
  15. amarsicola

A preference rating for Projectors ?

Thanks EKA, I also have read somewhere that contrast has the biggest weight on preference. Calling in our professor @amirm in case he knows any scientific paper on the topic
Top Bottom