Recent content by aerochrome2

1. A

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

I think that's the conclusion I'm coming to.
  2. A

Yeah - my setup is really similar. I was just curious how bad the ADC chip is in the PW Link since it wasn't measured and it isn't the world's most expensive device to begin with. My idea was to insert something like https://focusrite.com/en/audio-interface/scarlett/scarlett-solo in between the...
  3. A

Next question. Any guess as to whether the ADC is sufficient for picking up my turntable, or whether I would be better off using an external ADC and then going digital in?
  4. A

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Thanks. I may just switch to always on and get better at turning off the power strip at night. The delay thing bugs me.
  5. A

The only weird thing I've noticed is that sometimes when I'm first starting a listening session it takes my subwoofer anywhere from a few seconds to 30 seconds to turn on. I'm feeding it with the RCA out and my spealer with the XLR out. I'm not sure if it's an issue on the subwoofer end (SVS...
  6. A

Hi, does anyone know if the digital output can do 24 bit? I know it downsamples to 48 khz, but curious how it handles 24 bit lossless from somewhere like amazon hd or quobuz.
  7. A

With digital in and digital out? If so, maybe I will contact them.
  8. A

Harrison Labs In-line Crossover Review (RCA)

Purely anecdotally, since this is room dependent, high passing my mains with the 100hz hp FMOD really flattened a couple of peaks and nulls I had sub 150hz. (I actually just ordered the XLR version today since I changed amps and now only have XLR inputs on my amp.)
  9. A

Not sure why mine is acting different. The only thing I can think of is that "mine" is technically the Martin Logan Unison, which I had been led to believe is identical but with airplay and different branding. Maybe somewhere along the way that feature was implemented differently.
  10. A

For what its worth, I tried using fixed volume mode with the digital output and got noise and distortion. My guess is volume is fixed at 100% based on how it affected my system. YMMV I guess depending on your chain, but I do much better with the volume around 50% and making up for it in my...
  11. A

How are we making the assumption that going to fixed volume mode / line level out, sets the gain at the right level? When I turn it on, for example, it is significantly louder at the fixed level than if I had the unit set to 50% or 60% volume, which is where it felt clear to me there was no...
  12. A

Help me upgrade my budget system

Since the thread was bumped anyway, I'll add as an update that I got rid of some of the nulls shown in my ARC measurements by moving my sub to the front left corner and pushing the KEFs closer to the back wall. I am also going to add some corner bass traps since I can do that unobtrusively...
  13. A

You could put something like this after the DAC? https://www.schiit.com/products/sys
  14. A

Thanks! I actually am using digital out. But I'd be happy to use just my DAC to control the volume in my system so I'll try fixed volume mode and see how that works. It doesn't fix the volume at 100%? Because if so that send worse.
Top Bottom