Recent content by Abrise

1. A

Comments and tests on a LM audio MIN400A China made Purify inspired amplifier.

I will probably not make any difference during blind test. I just like ta get the best from my toys. It's a kind of game. Just being sure that our tools are completely transparent.
  2. A

It is now possible to stream LDAC from Windows without VM, dongle, or other shenanigans.

I had no problem at all with this software. I have paid for the aac option but you don't need it. I think it is worth purchasing
  3. A

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

I am afraid the average ASR reader doesn't need anything working another 30 years.
  4. A

Thank you for your interesting comments Regarding the steep low pass in front of the cosmos , it is certainly recommended but I don't have one. My measurements are quite stable so I hope it does not upset to much the analog stage. My measurements on the topping pa7 were extremly closed to @Amir...
  5. A

Right. If I were living in Europe or US I would go for the real thing although more expensive. I don't know what chip they have on the small boards as they erased the marking. i have ordered real opa1612. I will see if it makes a difference.
  6. A

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Is there a convention on the meaning of power for a multitone test. When we see a graph with a title : 32 multitone 5W. Are the 5w refering to the peak power, the average power or else ? I have the same question for the Play Gain. How is built the multitone relative to the play gain. What is the...
  7. A

Comments and tests on a LM audio MIN400A China made Purify inspired amplifier. This post is not an incentive to follow in my footsteps but is for informational purposes. I’ll try to point out facts only. Where I live, I am a French expat in Thailand, there is not many high-level products tested...
  8. A

It is now possible to stream LDAC from Windows without VM, dongle, or other shenanigans.

Stability very much depends on your emitter and reveiver. My dongle is new design 5.3 and my DAC is state of the art smsl D6s, I suppose it gets a good bluetooth chip. I have not tested at the limit but at 3-4 meters HQ is no problem
  9. A

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Not sure.... Have you ever had women or teenagers at home ? A passive knob adds a level of security.
  10. A

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

You need a passive volume knob in between your DAC with digital volume and an amplifier without volume. @amirm has tested a few. Before I got this knob, I had expensive loudspeakers destroyed by teenagers. Set this knob so that when your digital volume is maximum your loudspeakers are safe.
  11. A

Continuation of my above post. My tests above were made with the Surface pro bluetooth which is a 4.2 generation. To go further with bluetooth and windows I have purchased for 6€ a dongle Bluetooth 5.3. and test it. The 2 following graphs show that bluetooth has become completely transparent...
  12. A

Now for SBC AAC APTX and APTX HD your results are as expected. For LDAC the results are limited by the focusrite. LDAC is even better than that. For the multitone test and for ease of reading you should set REW generator to multtone Octave 1/3 Octave. Also you can optimize the RTA window...
  13. A

Measurements of 2 amplifiers and comparison to try to understand preference. Teac AI-501 DA and Magnet

Yes you are right. I also noticed that. But I am not worried by the HF limitation. I can't find the original files but I have found this one using a 192kHz signal on the Magnet. I will try to do again a measurement on the TEAC
  14. A

Measurements of 2 amplifiers and comparison to try to understand preference. Teac AI-501 DA and Magnet

Thanks for your comments I have made the measurements with a pure resistive dummy load. I am usually unable to make a difference between "good" amplifiers. Only this one the TEAC worries me a little. And it is a long term worry. I have used the TEAC on 4 different setups and never 100percent...
  15. A

Measurements of 2 amplifiers to try to understand preference. Between these 2 amps, I prefer the first one. Magnet 100W 8 Ohms Class AB discrete component 12Kg and 25 years old, locally -Thailand-designed and manufactured. 600€ at the time. Although very old, I am still satisfied with the...
Top Bottom