Recent content by A Surfer

1. A

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Totally appreciate how you roll with your hobby. My collection is considerably more modest in terms of watches, I do have several nice (affordable nice) models. One being, like yourself, a Seiko Presage, Cocktail Time with a lovely, rich multiple tones of brown dial (really quite striking). I...
  2. A

I do understand that as a need for some people, perhaps many people, but for me while practical, wearing a watch is primarily aesthetic. I think you and are similar in age so perhaps you can relate, but for me I feel not fully dressed if I am not wearing a watch. Often anyway. Kicking about in...
  3. A

Never got with digital watches myself, but I get what people see in them. You get it or you don't right?
  4. A

PA and Studio Monitor speakers vs HiFi modified sound

I get that, but the member I replied to hadn't quoted the OP, that person quoted another members reply to the thread. Doesn't matter really anyway, things seem resolved.
  5. A

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

We would also need for the original participant to replicate the results at least two more times. While unlikely that there was guessing involved, unless I am not understanding the testing protocol, we can't rule that out with just one example.
  6. A

Am I missing something here? I'm not sure how this has anything to do with the main point of the member who's post you quoted. What am I missing?
  7. A

The gallery always has great seats.
  8. A

ZMF Caldera Headphone Review

Sorry. I wasn't ignoring your question. No I have never had a negative experience with any ZMF product or personnel. I wish I had the patience right now to write a post that attempted to communicate why I have the reaction that I do, but alas, right now I just don't have it in me.
  9. A

That seems particularly true when you factor in how high the prices have climbed.
  10. A

I get that push back against label thing, and to be fair I don't think I was painting with that wide a brush stroke. Saying that, I stick to my original point, there is absolutely an undercurrent cult like vibe in the ZMF collector community. It is rather evident. Is it any of my business how...
  11. A

Fair enough, I did ask, and I am not disagreeing with your personal rationale for buying a ZMF headphone. How could I right?
  12. A

I don't need to calm down, thank you for the suggestion though. Your personal experience is of course valid, but in no way invalidates the almost cult like following of many ZMF collectors. I am entitled to my opinion there, and I hold it firmly. I have almost 13 000 posts at head-fi and I have...
  13. A

Why the hate for Grado?

I started with the SR125, then the SR225 and finally an HF2. Never heard the 60. Might be fun to try. Would never spend money on Grado, but I would listen if someone had them handy.
  14. A

Why the hate for Grado?

I started out with Grado, enjoyed them for sure; however, once exposed to better tuned headphones, there was no going back. I remain shocked how, pardon the pun, tonedeaf Grado remain. Clearly their sound is generally not well received. Perhaps the company is content with the tiny market share...
  15. A

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

If she was trying to impress, it worked.
Top Bottom