Recent content by A Surfer

1. A

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

It is very, very likely that the people who find audible improvement are all wrong, extremely likely actually. It is already a very small sample group of people who can afford the M-Scaler, as but one example. Next, I would wager my life via a slow painful death that each and every M-Scaler...
  2. A

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

I think you will prefer the head-fi approach. Believe everything good that you hear from people who have the gear that you own or would like to buy, and when those pesky science people come along, tell them about the magic that can't be measured. I'm guessing here, but I suspect that you...
  3. A

Is REL being more 'musical' than SVS a myth, or is there some real science behind this?

You do realize that you are treating a well regarded forum member with extensive experience and technical credentials as if they are somebody who needs to be taught. Not to be rude, but what are your credentials that make you feel that you need to teach others?
  4. A

Unofficial Review - Sonos Roam

I actually purchased a pair of Moves that will arrive today. I don't need surround sound so opted for the larger Move versus One. I may yet purchase two Play 5s, but if so that will be 6 months away. Looking forward to having the Arc, Sub 3 and now a stereo pair of Moves together in one room...
  5. A

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

My bad. I thought the M200 had the 4493. It doesn't
  6. A

Oil Change Intervals Objectively

What a shame. I hesitate to generalize here, but the only woman that I have ever known to even remotely care about her vehicle was my mother. I know that is a gross generalization, but seriously, it isn't just with vehicles, the "general" trend I have noticed is for women to really care less...
  7. A

Unofficial Review - Sonos Roam

I am very pleased with my Sonos system. I have an Arc and a Sub Gen 3 and soon I plan on adding either two Roams or two Plays. This is just for my infrequently used system, but I find as my lifestyle changes the need for huge, room-filling sound is decreasing so new lifestyle systems like this...
  8. A

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

That is the most ridiculous tripe I have ever heard. I'm sorry, I'm not usually mean and blunt, but really? This is the stuff that fills up the pages at head-fi. It is shameful anywhere here it is beyond belief.
  9. A

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

You people hear the differences with filters? Really?
  10. A

Verum Audio Verum 1 Review (Headphone)

I abhor the war and the crimes against humanity, but I can't feel good about anybody describing enjoying killing others. I know I have the luxury of being safe, but not a fan of killing and war. It all disgusts me. Such a shame to see such barbarity, really breaks my heart. Poor Ukraine.
  11. A

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

Theoretically there is the linkage there, but I highly doubt there is any benefit to you from the unused power. You don't selectively get boost in just the frequency region you wish, and just in one ear. Both ears and the total SPL become louder as you play things louder. That doesn't at all...
  12. A

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

That really doesn't make sense unless you found the 300mW to be too quiet. If the power is unused, then it is unused. As long as the amplifier has enough dynamic headroom to reach the desired playback volume without clipping or other audible distortion any unused power left in the amplifier...
  13. A

Ripping CD collection

What if you want to stop paying for the subscription? That wouldn't at all make sense for somebody who owns the physical media to rely on a third party source that they have zero control over. If somebody owns the physical media it makes total sense to make their own digital library, unless I am...
  14. A

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

@MattHooper absolutely, that is the beauty of things, it isn't an either or situation. Somebody can enjoy both digital and vinyl systems for their inherent strengths and weaknesses. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  15. A

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

Really? Ask them to describe the blind listening, level matched, multiple trial procedure that they use to verify the audibility of the effect with. We DON'T care about the measurements in the sense that we know you can measure differences that are still inaudible. Do you find that hard to...
Top Bottom