Recent content by 30 Ounce

1. 3

Aragon 2004 MK II Review (Vintage Amplifier)

I have the 4004 version of this amp and a common fault from age is the relays oxidize which could cause the poor performance here. The fix is to open the sealed relay and sand the contacts with a fine finger nail type file. I did this to mine and it transformed the sound! Of course this one...
  2. 3

If "Tube Sound" Is a Myth, Why Tubes?

They make great space heaters!
  3. 3

Carver Crimson 275 Measurements

Isn’t it’s power bandwidth list as 24hz-22khz? So it should be down an unspecified amount at 20hz possibly 3db?
  4. 3

Measurements of the B&W Nautilus

I’m not hiding behind an Avatar! I’m not mincing my word. I didn’t recognize that as Polish, you pointed that out and call me stupid at the same time. You sir are a classic.
  5. 3

That is exactly what I saw, a technical obscure language to me. Surprising that you are so shallow to not get it. If you want to continue being a jerk we are done here. Good day.
  6. 3

Thanks for the link, I had no intention of being rude. People interpret things differently especially from different countries. Maybe you should take that into consideration.
  7. 3

I did look at the link, there are no pictures, just graphs and gibberish. Apparently my browser didn’t load the pictures.
  8. 3

Is there a tube amp worth getting?

??? Why? This is why tubes get a bad name! This is a poorly designed circuit with super cheap output transformers. Well made output transformers weigh a lot and are required for proper tube performance. OTL excepted…
  9. 3

Is there a tube amp worth getting?

Harmon Kardon Citation II, Macintosh MC275, Audio Research Classic 60 or Classic 120’s like I have. All, low noise, low (ish) distortion and wide bandwidth. Tubes can perform very well just not up to the best solid state design.
  10. 3

Which Nautilus are they measuring? The original Laurence Dickie Nautilus 800-805’s measured and sounded fantastic.
  11. 3

Cowboy BeBop Live Action.

I am not an anime fan, my children are huge fans though. I watched this entire series and was completely entertained! I watched a few minutes of the anime series and was bored immediately…I just didn’t get it…
  12. 3

Douk HiFi 6N3 Vacuum Tube Preamp Review

$110? I’m surprised it worked at all!
  13. 3

Benchmark AHB2 bridge mode vs McIntosh MC462

Those are both very good amplifiers! I suspect the Benchmark is not entirely happy driving the Sabrina’s 2.8 ohm load in bridged mode where the McIntosh will have no problem doing that. I think that you may find the Mac preferable in the long run. I borrowed a friend’s AHB2 for a weekend and...
  14. 3

Amir's subjective speaker rankings

Did I not say that? Point is there are many factors when measuring that could result in differences.
  15. 3

Amir's subjective speaker rankings

Speaker break in does happen and it has been documented. Even Amir has had erroneous measurements due to a cold room where he does measurements. So even temperature can affect speakers. Here is clear evidence of speaker break in. https://www.gr-research.com/burn-in-myths.html
Top Bottom