Recent content by 222fbj

1. 222fbj

1965 KLH Model 20 Plus - 3 piece console

pic of 2 manuals KLH Setup PDF KLH 20 Plus Operating PDF fyi - Both originals have a color cover, but inside pages are BW.
  2. 222fbj

Wow - and thanks for the Etsy idea. Wish you had made me an offer ;-) HifiEngine.com has several manuals. I have an "Operators Manual" for the 3 piece console - I will scan and post a link. btw Can you post the link to the Etsy.com 'sold' ad? And, how did shipping work - cost? thanks
  3. 222fbj

Ken Fritz - Audiophile Documentary

Youtube - "One Man's Dream - Ken Fritz Documentary" favorite line - "...there are plenty of good turntables you can buy for $20,000-$50,000" (at 23:15)
  4. 222fbj

Philharmonic AA Plus Monitor - my notes

Thanks - It helps, and I'm sure the BMRs add a lot. The AA+ speakers made me realize what I've been missing. I just need some more listening experience. BTW - great looking room.
  5. 222fbj

Hey Jearle... My AA+ sound so good - they are my first really good speaker. I now wonder what a 'better' speaker like the BMR adds? Since you have both - maybe you could enlighten me?
  6. 222fbj

I bought the kit, just finished assembly, and they sound great. Below are some notes on my experience. Full size pictures help explain the notes. 1. Shipping: From PartsExpress I received the BR-1 Cabinets, and the 6.5 inch woofers. From Philhamonic I received the Morels, Crossovers...
  7. 222fbj

DIY Tinfoil Ribbon Speaker

fyi - DIY Tinfoil Ribbon Speaker by JGJMatt and on Youtube
  8. 222fbj

Affordable amp reccomendations for M&K S5000THX... HELP!

Buckeye Amps has Hypex/Ncore amps in various configs. I have the 2 channel NC252MP version on order - arrives early April. I'll use it with a Loxjie DAC w/Remote. Maybe get a preamp in the future. btw -I was very close to buying a Yamaha S501/S701 - a good choice IMHO if an Amp won't suffice.
  9. 222fbj

I already posted on Audiokarma Pictures here. I don't have a price yet - still trying to figure out what it may be worth. Located in Savannah, GA
  10. 222fbj

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

A Full Range speaker with High Sensitivity - the type often recommended for low power tube amps (eg Fostex driver, Madisound Kits). I only have knowledg of these from the internet... while I was considerig the purchase of a Tube amp. Maybe someone with experience could recommend models for...
  11. 222fbj

Yamaha HP-1 Headphones from 1970s

I bought these around 1979 and still have them. I just discovered they are in the IEEE Consumer Electronics Hall of Fame. See article in October 2019 IEEE Spectrum. I can send them to ASR for testing if wanted. They are lightly used and in good condition.
  12. 222fbj

Reviews, Priorities, Plans ?

Does ASR have a system/method for selecting what to review, and when the review will occur? I expect Amir has already shared some ideas in the forums, but I have not stumbled on the post(s). My sense (as a noob here) is that members send equipment for review, and reviews are done sequentially -...
Top Bottom