• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wharfdale EVO 4.2 vs Mission LX-3 MKii vs Tannoy Platinum B6

Shin_Iori

hello guys, Audio newbie here .
Please help me out. Decided on Wharfdale Diamond 12.2 ( fits budget) but stocked out. Mentioned are the alternatives. All of them out of my budget //

Please suggest me the better one. Or any other in 1000$ usd range. considering I am not likely to upgrade for few years to come.

Preference in sound signature :
Laid back+ not bright + Clean sound + female vocals + detail soundstage but not needed Pinpoint accuracy.

Also note : Most of the recordings we listen to are of low quality, mostly youtube and movie streaming. Don't suggest those (better for vinyl) stuff.
I would like relaxing experience, not a partying speaker. so i have ruled out the trinagles Elacs etc.

Room size : 20'*15'
Amplifier : Aiyima based TPA 3255 2.1.

Thanks a lot.

raindance

Major Contributor
Because I've never heard a laid back pleasant sounding AMT tweeter (Wharfedale) and Tannoy don't really "engineer" their speakers any more. Plus I've never heard a Mission I didn't enjoy. This is all my opinion; you asked for opinions :).

OP
S

Shin_Iori

Because I've never heard a laid back pleasant sounding AMT tweeter (Wharfedale) and Tannoy don't really "engineer" their speakers any more. Plus I've never heard a Mission I didn't enjoy. This is all my opinion; you asked for opinions :).
that did help greatly ! thanks for your opinion much appreciated.

Top Bottom