• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Philharmonic BMR v2 rosewood rectangular (pair)

hollis

A like new pair of BMR, tried them out for awhile but going back to narrower directivity. These are rectangular with the rosewood finish, and are in perfect working condition. All surfaces look beautiful as well. Price is $1600 + free shipping to the continental USA.

I am located in the San Francisco north bay and happy to do demos.

Full specs are here:
https://philharmonicaudio.com/Measurements-BMR.html

and a recent review is here:
https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/philharmonic_bmr_v2/

more photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s1lrb0s1aegehbb/AAAau1m14pa1J-zCjpL5FQhIa?dl=0

Attachments

• 2022-05-28 10.57.45.jpg
    2022-05-28 10.57.45.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
OP
hollis

hollis

Still available, obligatory action shot:

Capture.JPG

OP
hollis

hollis

Yes, insured shipping to OR would be included in my price.

dragon1952

So you mentioned narrower directivity. Are these are considered wide dispersion then or are those not the same terms, directivity vs dispersion?
Any negotiability? I see a brand new pair are $1700 but I haven't heard back yet regarding shipping costs.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
So you mentioned narrower directivity. Are these are considered wide dispersion then or are those not the same terms, directivity vs dispersion?
Any negotiability? I see a brand new pair are $1700 but I haven't heard back yet regarding shipping costs.
I am sure the OP misspoke. The BMR is wide 'dispersion' design.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
OP stated:
but going back to narrower directivity.
;)

Some people don’t care for the very wide dispersion or it just doesn’t work in their room…

Great Speakers, though. I’ve been exceedingly happy with my gear from Dennis / Philharmonic Audio!

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dennis used to cap shipping cost ( at reasonable levels),i have no idea if that's still the case ....

OP
hollis

hollis

In the original post, I stated I was leaving BMR wide dispersion to go back to narrow dispersion. I may have phrased it in a confusing way. Right now, I am focusing my efforts into multich, and a larger number of narrow dispersion speakers.

dragon1952

In the original post, I stated I was leaving BMR wide dispersion to go back to narrow dispersion. I may have phrased it in a confusing way. Right now, I am focusing my efforts into multich, and a larger number of narrow dispersion speakers.
Any trade interest for a pair of Focal Aria 906's w/ matching stands?

OP
hollis

hollis

Thats crazy tempting, but I'm getting married in three weeks and simply need to own less stuff

Reactions: GDK

dragon1952

Ha ha...no problem. I'm a tenor sax fan and am looking for something with a liquid, dreamy sound in that particular frequency range. How are these with tenor sax?

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Ha ha...no problem. I'm a tenor sax fan and am looking for something with a liquid, dreamy sound in that particular frequency range. How are these with tenor sax?
Great.
I’m a trained saxophonist. I’m biased in both regards, as a musician AND an owner of several BMR Monitors.
Dennis is also a trained musician. His Speakers are voiced such that the instruments sound like they are supposed to.
Piano, Trombone, and yes-Saxes: all notorious for being difficult to reproduce correctly all sound very natural.

In my small room, with the very wide dispersion of Dennis’ designs, I feel like I did as a performer standing among fellow musicians. I know it’s bordering on that trite phrase of the performer was there in the room. :p The key difference for me is that I was one of those performers once. ;)

dragon1952

Great.
I’m a trained saxophonist. I’m biased in both regards, as a musician AND an owner of several BMR Monitors.
Dennis is also a trained musician. His Speakers are voiced such that the instruments sound like they are supposed to.
Piano, Trombone, and yes-Saxes: all notorious for being difficult to reproduce correctly all sound very natural.

In my small room, with the very wide dispersion of Dennis’ designs, I feel like I did as a performer standing among fellow musicians. I know it’s bordering on that trite phrase of the performer was there in the room. :p The key difference for me is that I was one of those performers once. ;)
Cool....thanks. I sent you a PM.

dragon1952

What I was referring to, and probably didn't convey properly, is that the OP mentioned he was now exploring narrower directivity so then I asked if the BMR was considered wide then. Regardless, these are now mine ;^ )

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What I was referring to, and probably didn't convey properly, is that the OP mentioned he was now exploring narrower directivity so then I asked if the BMR was considered wide then. Regardless, these are now mine ;^ )
Congratulations, you have chosen wisely...

OP
hollis

hollis

Youre going to love them. Shipped them out the same day as payment was received.

Bummer I cant edit the original post to mark as sold.

NoSnakeOil2

Great.

Hi, I find your argument very compelling.) How "small" is your small room? thanks.

Top Bottom