• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your social classification according to music genres you prefer (not to be taken too seriously ;)

Which level have you "achieved" ;) / attention: votes publicly visible :)

• Total voters

Fregly

PostPunk PostRock PostHardcore

Are these for real or a joke? Seems like an academic invention from somebody with one of those decadent unnecessary degrees.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My social status is outcast.

OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok folks, I listen to constructive comment, so I have searched the net and found some more "level charts", including "classical" music :)

music_genres_levels_pyramid.jpg

music_genres_levels_error.jpg

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I like the sound of sex but I don't see that on the list either.

You used to be able to get recordings but I don't think they were audiophile quality. Perhaps they are these days?

OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why do you think that any of these has any validity at all?
Hi Kal, I don't. I don't take that serious, but aside from fun it sure has some "educative" value, the genres I've never heard of raise curiosity in me, to to give a try of same samples and broaden my musical knowledge/outlook.

eliash

When the stereo is switched on and playing jazz, taste has developed upwards to level 1 over the years.
But when the music is switched off, it tends to be level infinity. The blood flowing in my inner ears causing a decent critical bands 23&24 noise, which I decided to like after all, because it tells me I am alive...fortunately also still in stereo, both channels same loudness...

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Kal, I don't. I don't take that serious, but aside from fun it sure has some "educative" value, the genres I've never heard of raise curiosity in me, to to give a try of same samples and broaden my musical knowledge/outlook.
It seems similar to 100 albums of all time lists, you never agree with them, but you can often find great new to you music in there. These days with steaming and YouTube it's a good addition to music journalism, the quality of which has declined it seems to me.

Neddy

"The rest of Pachelbels compositions" !!!! :) I love it!
I remember getting (I think?) the first LP with the Canon in D on it from Musical Heritage Society Way Back When, and then seeing it explode in popularity within months (?). I was (still aren't) sure whether to be glad for it's wide adoption/acceptance (wedding planners especially) for it's exposure to that form of music, or bemoan The Crowd thing. (Sorry Kierkegaard).
Oh well, no accounting for 'taste' - it is what it is (but can change, at least).
Funny stuff.

Hipper

OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"The rest of Pachelbels compositions" !!!! :) I love it!
I remember getting (I think?) the first LP with the Canon in D on it from Musical Heritage Society Way Back When, and then seeing it explode in popularity within months (?). I was (still aren't) sure whether to be glad for it's wide adoption/acceptance (wedding planners especially) for it's exposure to that form of music, or bemoan The Crowd thing. (Sorry Kierkegaard).
Oh well, no accounting for 'taste' - it is what it is (but can change, at least).
Funny stuff.

Neddy, don't tell anyone, but I can confess :) >
1. I only know Canon from Pachelbel and at the same time one particular adaptation is in my "audiophile percussion test" repository:

2. Although I'm not into classics, I swear I will listen some of the Pachelbels compositions :)

OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, and as the weekend is coming, I post some more pictures, sorry for size, but I hope it's better than links, for "permanent reference":

Levels: "artists edition" :)

levels_artists.jpg

Top Bottom